Lorex cable connection standard

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In that case I would generally cut off the outdoor end of the cable and slip the gland on and then crimp an rj45 on it. This way you can drill smaller holes in the wall.
No point in cutting it now, it just would have made the installation easier.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In that case I would generally cut off the outdoor end of the cable and slip the gland on and then crimp an rj45 on it. This way you can drill smaller holes in the wall.
No point in cutting it now, it just would have made the installation easier.
My understanding is he ran the cable the other way from outside to inside and that is why the other end was removed so that he could keep the hole smaller.

MikeCarey

n3wb
Reaction score
+1 to both of the above ^^ and as linked at bottom of post #3. :cool:
Thanks all. I had picked up on the sage advice on sealing the connection from the earlier post. Dielectric grease already on order from Amazon and already self-fusing tape.

All this is so much more useful advice than I had bargained for with my original request! Thanks once again.

MikeCarey

n3wb
Reaction score
New (and inexperienced) user here, looking for some advice.

I have purchased a Lorex IP Ultra HD camera system and NVR for home installation. I took the chance whilst having an extension built to route the Lorex supplied cabling through the walls/floors of my house. However, to do this I had to cut the plug off one end of each cable. The plan is to terminate the four cables in sockets, then patch each to the NVR. I am unsure, however, whether the cabling is constructed to T-568A or T-568B standards. Anyone know?

I am aware that many Lorex systems use bespoke colour coding standards. Yet, it seems that these recently supplied Lorex cables have 8 cores and use standard IP cable colours in twisted pairs. So I am assuming they will be wired either to T-568A or T-568B.

Before you ask… I did call Lorex technical support, but they quickly washed their hands of me when they discovered I had cut their precious cables! No response there. Also, I stupidly threw away the plugs I cut off some time ago, so cannot split open a plug to find out the wiring standard.
I have now connected and tested the supplied cable and can answer my own original question (should others need to know). The Lorex supplied cables (purchased November 2022) are wired to the T-568B standard.