Making it fit

Reaction score
Thanks to AlistairStevenson and Delboy for their assistance in helping me resolve my initial problem with powering up my pinhole cams via PoE using a cheap splitter. I took a hiatus from my installation over the rest of the summer until just recently.

As I may have mentioned I'd been a little overly ambitious in taking on a project like this with no background knowledge. My intention was...and still is...to fit a 32mm x 32mm pinhole camera board into a Legrand ONQ intercom box approximately 4" x 4" x 2"D, accompanying all the intercom electronics. Of course saving space by altering some of the wiring and connectors are the central ingredients for achieving success.

The camera board I'm using is one that I extracted from the housing of a 40mm x 40mm pinhole camera . Thanks to the help of the aforementioned IPCAMTALK members, I can now power this using a separate active PoE splitter.

Before I go modifying things I'm again faced with a conundrum exposing my lack of knowledge. As follows:

The pinhole camera board has 6 wires inserted into a JST pin connector connected into a receptacle on the printed circuit board. Separately there is another connector that has the power wires connected to it. As I want to wire that PoE splitter directly to the camera PCB I'm perplexed by the fact that the total number of wires on the splitter (including the power) is 6 where the camera has 8.

Anybody care to help me shed some light on this?

Attachments