Milestone + Dahua IVS Rules

MR2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
has anyone figured out how to get the IVS Rules including SMD pushed into Milestone?

MR2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I can't see vehicle or person detected as options.. I wonder if the camera needs to export this as an Event Type or if the ONVIF driver needs updating

MR2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We have this all working, as per above you cannot get the metadata into Xprotect without a corporate license, so instead you need to use the intrusion or tripwire rules, pretty simple stuff, in the case of the Version 4 camera's you need to do the following:

1, in the Camera go to Events, then to Smart plan and click IVS and save, Motion Detection under Video Detection should already be enabled
2, under Smart Motion Detection tick enable and tick one or both for what you'd like to be checking (in the rule you can specify one or the other and separate rules for each)
2, then go into your IVS and add the event you are trying to generate, I tend to suggest Intrusion but whatever works for you.

if your SMD camera is behind an AI Capable NVR you need to do the above in the NVR

in Milestone assuming the device is already added

1, you just need to go into the device itself and the camera then add the Intrusion started or Tripwire event
2, setup the rule to do what action you need to take on the event
3, to get an event to end up in the smart client's Alarm panel go into Alarms then Alarm definitions and a Definition covering the triggering event defined above.

MR2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And a quick one I discovered the other day, the Essentials (Free version) does not offer Alarms, so ignore my suggestion of defining the Alarms, instead you are more or less restricted to doing Notifications or whatnot.