Mistakes made

Franksie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Stumbled on this site a bit late! Having already made purchases. Setting up a small home system, I cannot get the NVR to recognize the camera either WiFi or Ethernet!
1. FHD 1080P WiFi IP PTZ Camera 18x Zoom Speed Onvif Network Security P2P Outdoor 889251498039 | eBay

Basically I want the PTZ camera to watch over my driveway. I want it connected to the NVR on my LAN in order to record onto the 2 TB HDD as opposed to using the 64GB sd card installed in the camera and using my iphone . I would also like remote access which I presume I could continue to use the phone app aswell as the camera recording to the NVR over the LAN?

2. Genie WNVR232

Anyone assist?

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I cannot get the NVR to recognize the camera either WiFi or Ethernet!
Need a bit more info in order to provide helpful responses.

What's the IP address of the PTZ camera when connected using an ethernet cable?
It might be the documented default address, or an address given by a provided search tool.
If the IP address is valid for your LAN address range, query the device with ONVIF Device Manager (sourceforge.net)
This will provide the 'ONVIF port' that you will need to connect it to the NVR.
Check the URL at the bottom of the Identification page for the ONVIF port.

What's the IP address of the NVR?
Presumably it's using an address valid for your LAN, and its web GUI can be accessed and logged in to using your browser.

Franksie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Many thanks for responding. The PTZ when connected via ethernet IP (Shown on my Sky Router info) is 192.168.0.33 the NVR I also have connected to the router via ethernet the IP for this is 192.168.0.32. I have no idea what my LaN address range is. Just using a basic Sky Broadband Router (Northamptonshire UK) in my house.
Downloaded Onvif Device manager logged in ...not really sure how to search but it came up with this.........
.12345.PNG

Sorry, I thought I was fairly computer savvy but...it appears not
What's the IP address of the NVR?
Presumably it's using an address valid for your LAN, and its web GUI can be accessed and logged in to using your browser.

I Have no idea how to do this! I have tried typing in the NVR ip address it comes up with this

12345.PNG

Having read the camera app instructions (V380) it says to use a server port number 8899.......basically clueless! My own fault. The camera does connect to the wifi and the app seems to work fine I can ptz record etc. But none of this through the NVR

Regards

Paul

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You've done ok in answering the questions.
As it looks like you had to add the PTZ to ONVIF Device Manager manually, it looks like it does not support ONVIF. Normally, ODM will find devices automatically.

On accessing the PTZ web GUI, you will need to use the IE11 browser, download and install the needed plugin as part the prompt.
If you are really lucky (though this is optimistic) you might find an option in the configuration to enable ONVIF.
That would be needed as a method of connecting to the NVR.

Franksie

n3wb
Reaction score
You've done ok in answering the questions.
As it looks like you had to add the PTZ to ONVIF Device Manager manually, it looks like it does not support ONVIF. Normally, ODM will find devices automatically.

On accessing the PTZ web GUI, you will need to use the IE11 browser, download and install the needed plugin as part the prompt.
If you are really lucky (though this is optimistic) you might find an option in the configuration to enable ONVIF.
That would be needed as a method of connecting to the NVR.
Sorry to be so dim how do I access the ptz gui as there is no make or model

Franksie

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for delay.....................I tried IE11 cut and pasted IP of camera 192.168.0.30 just comes up with a login to router page.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Has the PTZ IP address changed from the 192.168.0.33 that you quoted earlier?

What is the IP address of your router?

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If the camera IP address keeps changing, that is a function of the DHCP settings in your router. There should be an option in your router to bind the MAC address to a specific IP address. You can leave the camera setup as DHCP, but the router will take over and assign a specific IP address. Pick an address outside your DHCP pool, reboot the camera, and it should attach to the new IP address.

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Pick an address outside your DHCP pool,
How do I do this?
In your router, there should be a settings page for DHCP IP addresses. Typically it is. x.x.x.100 to x.x.x.150. My pool is 25 addresses from .50 to .75. My IP Cameras are assigned IP addresses via their MAC addresses on the router starting at .170 through .180. That is outside my pool. IP addresses range from .1 to .255 (don't start your pool at .1 as that is the typical router IP and don't use 255).

If you can, set your pool from .35 to .85, because any typically assigned (default) IP's on devices wouldn't be in that range.

If this is your router, here are the instructions for DHCP.

Last edited: