mobile app - IP banned

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
tried to login too many times as couldnt figure out login / pass, now says IP banned on my phone, how do i reset this

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unless you changed it, I think after an hour it will let you try again.

You might be able to go to the BI console on the computer and unban it as well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
tried to login too many times as couldnt figure out login / pass, now says IP banned on my phone, how do i reset this
You cannot remove a temporary ban within the software. You can only remove a permanent ban. This is silly. I dont know why this is the case. If I recall correctly on earlier releases all bans were placed in the same list in the webserver advanced settings. Easiest thing to do would be to reserve a new ip in your router for the banned device. You can email support with this issue so it can be resolved in the future.
From the help file
If an address is denied access on this list it is considered permanently banned. There is
actually a second temporary “denied” list maintained by the software that is not visible here.
If you choose to auto-ban an address after a specific number of failed login attempts, that
address will be added to one of these lists. If you select the option to release the ban after a
number of minutes, the banned IP address is added to the internal temporary list instead of
the one visible and editable here.

Last edited: