MS-8804NI-K1/4P HDD error

PabloPE

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I got a brand new MS-8804NI-K1/4P and successfully installed it. However after 3 days following error popped up:

The product operated for about 3 days then stopped to recognize the HDD. Tried two other HDDs and same issue, the HDD is spinning up but then an alarm sounds (peep peep etc) and the HDD makes a "tick" noise and then HDD spins down and all this cycle repeats over and over. Same problem with another 3.5" HDD and also tried a 2.5" laptop HDD, same issue (same alarm and tick sound like resetting the HDD over and over or so).

It was operating perfectly for 3 days, recording videos and so on. The problem appeared today.

I think the NVR has an electrical issue (either unable to provide enough current to HDD or NVR HDD interface faulty).

The NVR recognizes the HIK camera and can be operated normally via OSD, just HDD side is faulty. I'm quite sure it is not the HDD as two other HDDs show same symptoms when connected to the NVR (but they operate normally in a USB case connected to my laptop). The HDD it was running with is a 3TB WD RED (please do not tell me I should use PURPLE, they have exactly the same current draw).

Any idea? I can send a video of the fault.

I'm not sure if this is relevant but there is also a RED LED going on close to the HDD interface (I'm not sure if it was on or off before the fault) on the PCB.

please help.

PabloPE

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is a video of the fault (with close up to hear the HDD "tick")

http://www.filedropper.com/20180329202558

The NVR seems to operate normally I can access all OSD functions and see the LiveView, except it cannot recognize the HDD. When I enter the HDD menu it shows a 3TB HDD, then a 0 TB HDD, then no HDD, and so on cycling all the time while the alarm sounds. It is not possible to initialize it. For some reason the HDD seems to perpetually reset - or is being reset by the NVR...