Need bullet camera with audio and red LED for owlnest

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey, I need camera advice please. In Sept I purchased a camera to look into my barrel my great horned owls nest in. Here's what I bought-Amcrest UltraHD 5MP Outdoor POE Camera 2592 x 1944p Bullet IP Security Camera, Outdoor IP67 Waterproof, 103° Viewing Angle, 2.8mm Lens, 98.4ft Night Vision, 5-Megapixel, IP5M-B1186EW-28MM (White) I also have a Dahua 49225T-HN. I didn't think about getting a camera with audio since the Dahua has audio hooked up. Yesterday when Jack from here at the forum was helping me get all the recording set up for the nesting season the Dahua started screwing up and hasn't recorded and keeps going off line. It has been nothing but a PITA. So I'd like to replace the barrel camera I bought in Sept for one with audio and infra red LED. It needs to work with smart PSS and PC NVR. I am considering buying a recorder since the PC-NVR gives me so much grief. The camera is mounted pretty close (see pic) so it doesn't need any zoom I appreciate any suggestion please. I can't use a turret because the owlets will climb all over it and poop on it :( Thanks in advance for your time. Here's a link to my video of both owls coming in without sound. And a video I did with my phone a few weeks ago. I also did a screen capture of both owls at the nest.
Take care, Okiebirdnerd

Attachments