Need help with T5442AS please.

Lostmutt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’ve had this camera since October and about two months ago it started having problems recording. It now randomly records for a minute or two, then stops for a random amount of time and stars back to recording. The problem is, even though The clips show in the event tab, if you click on them it says “Sorry, file cannot be found”. I’ve looked and there are no clips anywhere for this camera For the last two months.
One thing I do see is on the status tab it shows an FPS/Key of 9.99/0. The bitrate is between 300 - 1200 kB/s.
I sent an email to Andy and He said that if I can see video then it’s a Blue Iris problem.
I have uninstalled and factory reset it to no avail.
Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

Reaction score
In general intermittent problems like this are usually network related. Either the RJ45 plug has issues, moisture, loose pins, cable cut or jacket got water in it, etc.

Try taking it down and use a prefabbed patch cord right at the POE switch to see if it will work. Change nothing in the setting of the cam or BI.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
You can use VLC to go straight to the camera web interface and check.
Put a good SD card in the camera and see if it's recording full video?

FYI, I found a problem on an Amcrest (Dahua) camera that a corrupted SD card caused problems with rebooting.
Replaced with a video quality SD card and problem gone.

Lostmutt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In general intermittent problems like this are usually network related. Either the RJ45 plug has issues, moisture, loose pins, cable cut or jacket got water in it, etc.

Try taking it down and use a prefabbed patch cord right at the POE switch to see if it will work. Change nothing in the setting of the cam or BI.
I pulled it last weekend and have had it sitting on my desk and nothing has changed. My switch went out three weeks ago and it’s been replaced, but the camera was having problems before that. So new cable and switch and still having problems.
Thanks for replying!

Lostmutt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can use VLC to go straight to the camera web interface and check.
Put a good SD card in the camera and see if it's recording full video?

FYI, I found a problem on an Amcrest (Dahua) camera that a corrupted SD card caused problems with rebooting.
Replaced with a video quality SD card and problem gone.
I don’t use cards in any of my cameras, so I don’t have a bad one in it.
I will put one in it now and let it run for awhile and see if I can pull the video. Thanks for the idea!

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
are yo talking about recording to SD or HD?
how about your settings for full storage - both for SD and HD

Lostmutt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
are yo talking about recording to SD or HD?
how about your settings for full storage - both for SD and HD
Recording to hd. Worked fine for months. Then it would randomly stop recording in Blue Iris.
Just put a sd card in last night, I’ll check tomorrow, been a crazy day.

Lostmutt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your issue is the smart codec. Disable it.
Also your bitrate is insanely high. Set it to half of that max.
I was playing with the bitrate after it started having problems, had it much lower. I'll change it back.
Disabled smart codec and i can actually see the recordings now! The FPS/Key is now 10/.50 while all my other cameras are 10/1.0, strange.
Not sure how it changed, or why it was hit and miss for awhile. I'm going to let it sit recording for a few days before i hang it back up.
Thank you for the help and sorry it took me so long to reply.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was playing with the bitrate after it started having problems, had it much lower. I'll change it back.
Disabled smart codec and i can actually see the recordings now! The FPS/Key is now 10/.50 while all my other cameras are 10/1.0, strange.
Not sure how it changed, or why it was hit and miss for awhile. I'm going to let it sit recording for a few days before i hang it back up.
Thank you for the help and sorry it took me so long to reply.
The smart codec is essentially the dynamic iFrame interval so it changes and therefore can sometimes be very long.

Lostmutt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The smart codec is essentially the dynamic iFrame interval so it changes and therefore can sometimes be very long.
Looks like I need to do some more reading! Learned something new today.
Thanks again and have a good evening.