New from Central Texas

NetHunter

n3wb
Reaction score
Howdy all,

just got into this amazing forum. and straight away ordered from Andy from @EMPIRETECANDY one of the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE since on a budget and only able to get one Camera for my Garage.Appreciate all the Great info on here and hope I made the right choice of getting the Blue Iris 4 Software.

On a side note .just noticed that my motherboard only had one 1Eth Gig port :(

Any recommendations on a ethernet card would be great.wonder if there is something like one with EPoe or such

kind regards,
NetHunter

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Howdy all,

just got into this amazing forum. and straight away ordered from Andy from @EMPIRETECANDY one of the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE since on a budget and only able to get one Camera for my Garage.Appreciate all the Great info on here and hope I made the right choice of getting the Blue Iris 4 Software.

On a side note .just noticed that my motherboard only had one 1Eth Gig port :(

Any recommendations on a ethernet card would be great.wonder if there is something like one with EPoe or such

kind regards,
NetHunter
most computers come with one ethernet port..that is all you need...
see the threads on POE switches

NetHunter

n3wb
Reaction score
thx fenderman. was just wondering if there was any recommended maybe even with PoE pcie card that i could just be added.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thx fenderman. was just wondering if there was any recommended maybe even with PoE pcie card that i could just be added.
Those threads are full of recommendations...
while there are poe cards that can be added , its pointless, most need 4 or more ports...and they are priced at 5x waste of time and money...additionally they rely on your pc and its power supply, a switch is the way to go.