New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

CanadaBri

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just updated the firmware via the windows app. It took about 2 minutes. I rebooted afterward just to be sure. Everything is working well. Try refreshing the browser. If the app says the new firmware is installed, it must be installed, so I'd guess it's ok to reboot the db.
Rebooted the DB several times. Refreshed my browser. Tried a browser on a different computer. Nothing. The IP is DHCP, but is a reserved IP assigned to the DB by my router (so essentially static). Unplugged the NIC, and replugged...

Its like there is no more web server on the DB now. But the doorbell does respond to ping commands.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Rebooted the DB several times. Refreshed my browser. Tried a browser on a different computer. Nothing. The IP is DHCP, but is a reserved IP assigned to the DB by my router (so essentially static). Unplugged the NIC, and replugged...

Its like there is no more web server on the DB now. But the doorbell does respond to ping commands.
You need to access it via ReoLink Windows Client and turn the HTTP back On

Make sure you are on the same subnet as the Doorbell...

Click + to add the Doorbell, put in the IP:
1683651638400.png

Or you can add the DB by UID (You will find it on the back of the Doorbell by the UPC/Barcode):
1683651447843.png

If you are in the right subnet your Doorbell should show up without entering the above...

Last edited:

CanadaBri

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to access it via ReoLink Windows Client and turn the HTTP back On

Make sure you are on the same subnet as the Doorbell...
I did try putting http back on also. No joy. Turned both http and https on and off... right now its just https.

Only 1 subnet here.

I have tried a few things to get it going again, but no luck so far. If I try re-installing the FW update it says its the same version and cannot be installed.

The web just responds with

This site can’t be reached
192.168.xxx.yyy refused to connect.

Try:
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have not upgraded but I just tried three browsers, Chrome, Firefox and Brave, all got to my DB.

Browser cache?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You could always reload the old firmware. Did you make note of which one you were running? I should have it for you.

CanadaBri

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could always reload the old firmware. Did you make note of which one you were running? I should have it for you.
I thought about doing that (noting the version)... lol Basically it was upgraded from the version it was shipped with. I received my doorbell in April... so I would assume it was pretty recent?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I thought about doing that (noting the version)... lol Basically it was upgraded from the version it was shipped with. I received my doorbell in April... so I would assume it was pretty recent?
WiFi or POE?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Elton has some firmwares on Page 1/Post 1 of this Thread, they are prior to the latest

FIRMWARE:
Reolink will "occasionally" post a firmware updates but they also pull them back down for some unknown reason. If your looking for information on the various firmware versions to date, please refer to "this thread". For the actual downloaded firmware packages, refer to threads #608 and find #609 PLEASE READ: PERFORM FIRMWARE UPDATES WITH CAUTION! USE THE FIRMWARE PACKAGES AT YOUR OWN RISK - UPGRADING FIRMWARE MAY RENDER YOUR DOORBELL UNUSABLE - REOLINK SUPPORT MAY NOT OFFER SUPPORT OR ASSISTANCE SHOULD YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE USING ANY FIRMWARE FOUND IN THIS FORUM.

CanadaBri

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Firewall? Just thinking out loud...try to reboot your PC...

These are the POE versions I have:
View attachment 162390
Downgraded to 1859. I think that was what I had before... still no web interface.
So I am upgrading again to the latest version, but also resetting config... will see if that does anything. Otherwise, I think there is a flaw in my hardware. I already submitted a ticket to Reolink

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is just me, I would use the Windows Client for upgrades. Browsers can be a paid. With the Client you will see it reconnect.

bmcgin

n3wb
Reaction score
Downgraded to 1859. I think that was what I had before... still no web interface.
So I am upgrading again to the latest version, but also resetting config... will see if that does anything. Otherwise, I think there is a flaw in my hardware. I already submitted a ticket to Reolink
Something is wrong. Did you try disconnecting the power? It was fine before the firmware update?

CanadaBri

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Something is wrong. Did you try disconnecting the power? It was fine before the firmware update?
Everything was fine before the firmware update. Anyhow, I have tried enough. I re-did the firmware and reset the config (which is what I assume is just a factory reset). I got all my settings reconfigured... wish there was a config backup/restore

The web interface got cooked by this FW update - or perhaps there is a slight flaw in the hardware and that capability is now gone. Its not significant because all functions and the apps work.. Its just the web interface/client does not work. While it may be a small thing, it makes me wonder what else might be lurking in issues with my device. Hopefully, Reolink can either sort it out, or send me a new one.

CanadaBri

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Everything was fine before the firmware update. Anyhow, I have tried enough. I re-did the firmware and reset the config (which is what I assume is just a factory reset). I got all my settings reconfigured... wish there was a config backup/restore

The web interface got cooked by this FW update - or perhaps there is a slight flaw in the hardware and that capability is now gone. Its not significant because all functions and the apps work.. Its just the web interface/client does not work. While it may be a small thing, it makes me wonder what else might be lurking in issues with my device. Hopefully, Reolink can either sort it out, or send me a new one.
huh... I figured it out.. but I don't know why it made a difference because it was never enabled before. I turned on all the network ports, and the web interface came on. Then I turned them all off (except for https) and then the web service was again, unavailable. I found by turning them on one at a time, that RTMP was needed in order to make the web service available. RTMP description indicates that it is for "audio and video communication services based on RTMP between devices and flash player on browsers" - and I recall in the old web interface there were two small buttons where you could select between HTML5 (I think) and Flash... and flash just didnt work ... so I am surprised that this actually works, and why would it not be enabled by default if it is needed now?

CanadaBri

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've ordered a few 3D prints from the STL files. Picking them up today. My intention is to use the printed mount plate in addition to the 15 degree wedge that was in the box. I might have to sand the flat visible surfaces of the mount plate.. not sure yet, but will find out soon enough.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've ordered a few 3D prints from the STL files. Picking them up today. My intention is to use the printed mount plate in addition to the 15 degree wedge that was in the box. I might have to sand the flat visible surfaces of the mount plate.. not sure yet, but will find out soon enough.
Kewl, post some pics when you are done. I still need to get one printed myself.

Can I ask, how much do they cost?

Elton Noway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FYI... when originally perusing 3D printed mounting plates I noticed in addition to ordering different angles (which is understandable) some designs also included varying degrees of able "tilt". I don't know if they had the Reolink DB in mind when making their designs but I didn't pay much attention to it ... I wish I had. My old YouSee Doorbell had a 15 degree wedge and it worked fine letting me see what I needed of my front door area so when I ripped it out and installed my Reolink I just used the included 15 degree wedge that came in the box. Finished the install, it looked professional and I was happy... ah err... until I viewed the video image. Problem was (for me anyway) the entire top 1/3 of the entire image was showing the ceiling off my front porch! Yes, the Reolink was perfectly plumb as was my old DB... but as it turns out the vertical "field of view" with the Reolink is way larger than my old DB. I wish I had captured a before picture but didn't think of it. Anyway, I pulled down the Reolink and had to cut away some door brick moulding and slightly modify the mount so I now have a full 1/4" tilt "down" from top to bottom. It's better but I still see too much of the overhead for my liking (I'd rather see more of the porch floor) I'm not keen on tilting it down anymore (it's bad enough that I have to get out some touch up paint to fix where I had to cut and caulk my hatchet job in an attempt to tilt the camera down) NOTE: The porch photo is showing the view "after" I tilted the camera down.
FYI: The DB is mounted on the door frame 52" up from the floor (which at the time was recommended for better face detection) . Yes... I I could lower the DB but the Ethernet cable is where it is and it has no slack (besides lowering would mean aonther patch job)
Please excuse the poor quality of the porch photo... in my interest of getting this reply posted quickly I simply snapped a picture of monitor with my phone. Not looking for a solution just providing my personal experience.
Porch.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

CanadaBri

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
got the printed plates yesterday. They look pretty decent, and will work perfectly for mounting the wedge on top of one of these plates.

2-plates.jpg

plate and wedge.jpg

assembled.jpg

Hoping to redo the install this weekend, but I have a feeling I wont have time.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score