Newbe trying to complete a New Dahua System purchase

Phixer

n3wb
Reaction score
We have installed recorders in nema boxes outside in the sun. Usually the box will have fans in the bottom to keep air flowing. They can last a couple of years if its done right. We just replaced a processor fan in a CVI recorder that was installed in an office above the drop ceiling, where it was hot most of the day. I think that recorder was about a year and a half old. For a home install, where you have a choice, mount your equipment in the A/C. if its in the garage, buy a little fan to blow on it.
@bababouy, definitely will install this piece of equipment in a well-conditioned spot.

Phixer

n3wb
Reaction score
Couple of posts on here just recently about BV-Tech switches dying an early death.
@looney2ns Yes, some of their reviews I've seen were not good, Dahua and Amcrest have a similar looking 8 port Poe + switch I think, but spec wise I'm not sure if they share anything thing else. Andy also carries an 8 port job, but have not gotten a chance to compare it as of yet. I have installed Netgear's routers before but not their switches with good results. Their switches seem to come in a variety of configurations and their marketing is everywhere but I hear they don't stand behind their stuff, TP-Link, Linksys the same. Did anyone hear different?

Last edited:

Phixer

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased a 8 port + 2 fiber ports Netgear ProSafe GS510TP PoE+ Switch for my system. It is managed and has a lifetime warranty.

Very happy with this one.
@SkyLake, sounds good are all 8 ports gigabit ports and how long have you had it?