NHD-888MSDx 16 SONVR-168580H x 1 NVR - new software needed

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, do just like you did that first camera.

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so ... connected back of Unifi PoE console to computer and the CCTV to port 1 of the PoE - no signal ....

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
plugged in one camera to the switch and ethernet to computer. The CCTV worked. I plugged in all the other cameras to the switch and its not working ....

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
just realise. When I disconnect from the internet the camera stops working - having trouble adding the others

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
was I suppose to add each camera to the computer first and change the ip on the ethernet connection?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes you have to set each camera up like you did the first one - change the IP address to your subnet.

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ah ok. Makes sense. I'll get on to that. Is there a way I could setup AI tracking I want to be able to record faces and if I catch a shoplifter. Then next time they come in I want it to alert me. Is this possible with BI and some amazing cameras> I have 24 switch and currently using 16 so have potentially another 8 cameras - what would you recommend for a retail environment. Focus is shop lifting.

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got one camera working again. stuck it in the switch then got that working. Tried next camera in PC and wouldnt connected. I went back to the first and that won;t connect. I've spent hours on this. Could I pay you to whatsapp call and help?

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Screenshot 2023-11-02 143459.png

Bstard thing won't connect. Camera has power socket powering it and is connected directly to PC via ethernet cable, the ethernet lan PV4 settings are 172.16.1.165

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go back and re-read this thread about how you got the first camera to be seen in BI, then follow that process for each camera.

No the email support for BI will not address setting up the cameras. Your issue has nothing to do with BI.

If you need that help, then try this:

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
lol ok read through and got the single camera working again. I can now plug that into the switch? then once that is working connect the next camera directly then add to the switch?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes.

But if that switch is going to be connected to the router, then make sure you switch that camera to a static IP instead of DHCP because if the camera is set to DHCP, the router will potentially assign it another IP address, and then you are screwed LOL.

And then follow that procedure for the remaining cameras and being sure you don't give the same IP address to two cameras.