NVR For Dahua PTZ DH-SD6C3425XB-HNR-A-PV1 4MP TiOC 2.0 25X

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I hope you are all doing well.
My first post here. Please be gentle. :)

I am looking at buying the Dahua TiOC 2.0 PTZ camera, mainly for Active Deterrence and SMD.
I am located in Melbourne, Australia. I usually buy my security products from Security Wholesalers.

I have also reached out to Andy from EMPIRETECANDY to see if he comes out with a better deal.

As much research as I could muster in my spare time, I still have some questions I was hoping some of the expert members here could assist me with.

Q1. I am looking at buying the Dahua DHI-NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2/L 8 Channel Compact 8PoE 4K H.265 Lite Network Video Recorder.
Will this NVR be compatible with the TiOC 2.0 PTZ camera, or be overkill?

I may install one more Dahua camera later next year - Dahua IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 Dual Lens 180º 8MP.
Hence, it would be best to future proof now.

Q2. I am a Mac user, and currently I don't have access to a PC running Windows. So, will I still be able to configure the Dahua TiOC 2.0 PTZ camera and the NVR via macOS / iPadOS / iOS?
I might consider buying a PC for running Blue Iris. However, for now I just need to be able to configure the camera on my mac to get it up and running.

Q3. This will be a PoE setup. I will be installing using a corner mount bracket such as this: Dahua PFA151 Dahua Corner Mount Bracket – Security Wholesalers
on one corner of the building. Could all the other extra accessory cables (external power if not using PoE, mic, reset, etc.) be hidden away inside the wall mount bracket without the need for a junction box?

Q4. I am going to be using these cables for all my PoE needs: Will CAT6A cabling be adequate for security cameras for some years to come? I just don't want to have to hire someone to re-do the cabling in 5 - 6 years time.

Thank you, and all the best guys.

Last edited:

Sunlitbbq

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you get all your answers on this ?
I’m interested in purchasing one also.

I have the same nvr.

Reaction score
Did you get all your answers on this ?
Well, you are the first and only person to respond to my thread.
So, I did my own research.

The NVR I linked to is the lite version, and will fail to take advantage of the advanced features of the TiOC 2.0 PTZ camera. So, I am looking at the PRO model instead.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I hope you are all doing well.
My first post here. Please be gentle. :)

I am looking at buying the Dahua TiOC 2.0 PTZ camera, mainly for Active Deterrence and SMD.
I am located in Melbourne, Australia. I usually buy my security products from Security Wholesalers.

I have also reached out to Andy from EMPIRETECANDY to see if he comes out with a better deal.

As much research as I could muster in my spare time, I still have some questions I was hoping some of the expert members here could assist me with.

Q1. I am looking at buying the Dahua DHI-NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2/L 8 Channel Compact 8PoE 4K H.265 Lite Network Video Recorder.

I may install one more Dahua camera later next year - Dahua IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 Dual Lens 180º 8MP.
Hence, it would be best to future proof now.

Q2. I am a Mac user, and currently I don't have access to a PC running Windows. So, will I still be able to configure the Dahua TiOC 2.0 PTZ camera and the NVR via macOS / iPadOS / iOS?
I might consider buying a PC for running Blue Iris. However, for now I just need to be able to configure the camera on my mac to get it up and running.

Q3. This will be a PoE setup. I will be installing using a corner mount bracket such as this: Dahua PFA151 Dahua Corner Mount Bracket – Security Wholesalers
on one corner of the building. Could all the other extra accessory cables (external power if not using PoE, mic, reset, etc.) be hidden away inside the wall mount bracket without the need for a junction box?

Q4. I am going to be using these cables for all my PoE needs: Will CAT6A cabling be adequate for security cameras for some years to come? I just don't want to have to hire someone to re-do the cabling in 5 - 6 years time.

Thank you, and all the best guys.
Did you ever test tthis PTZ out?
just interested in how it worked out for you?
i noticed that it has a high frame rate of 60 fps @ 4mp / just wandering how well it tracks with that rate

Tim

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is old NVR from Lite line.. Most 4ks2 models are deprecated..
Look for actual lines - 4xxx-EI & 5xxx-EI (in some regions they are called -AI)..

Reaction score
Did you ever test tthis PTZ out?
just interested in how it worked out for you?
i noticed that it has a high frame rate of 60 fps @ 4mp / just wandering how well it tracks with that rate

Tim
I ended up going with Reolink (PoE) cameras for the back of the property.
I will let you know when I end up installing this on the front, and how the tracking compares with a budget range like Reolink.

Reaction score
This is old NVR from Lite line.. Most 4ks2 models are deprecated..
Look for actual lines - 4xxx-EI & 5xxx-EI (in some regions they are called -AI)..
:clap:

100%

In Australia, they have the AI/ANZ suffix.

I am looking at buying the following with 2 HDD bays:

Datasheet Link:

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These links don't work in Europe (DNS for it is blocked :)

But I found this model on Dahua site:

And it looks the same as normal 4xxx-EI in Europe. This is latest version of NVR with latest firmware and latest features (like support for TIOC cameras).

There is higher line - 5xxx-AI (Andy sells it), it have 2x decoding capability (for higher camera Chanels installations) and AcuPick (newest AI function which works only with WizMind-S 5xxx-S3 cameras). But if you want to buy TIOC cameras and have installation up to 8 cameras, 4xxx-AI is enough.

Reaction score
But I found this model on Dahua site:

https://www.dahuasecurity.com/au/products/All-Products/Network-Recorders/WizSense-Series/NVR4X-AIANZ-Series/2HDD/NVR4208-8P-AI/ANZ=NVR4208-8P-AI/ANZ
And it looks the same as normal 4xxx-EI in Europe. This is latest version of NVR with latest firmware and latest features (like support for TIOC cameras).
That is exactly the same model that I had linked to.
Security Wholesalers AU is possibly blocking non-AU traffic.

Alternate Link:

have installation up to 8 cameras, 4xxx-AI is enough.
I won't have more than 4x Dahua TiOC 2.0 cams to start with. Leaving room for future expandability, a 8-channel PoE+ NVR is the best choice for now.
However, the PoE power budget on this NVR (4XXX-AI/ANZ) is only 72W. After the 3rd or 4th PoE camera, the power budget will possibly start to be depleted (especially once you add PTZ cams).

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I won't have more than 4x Dahua TiOC 2.0 cams to start with. Leaving room for future expandability, a 8-channel PoE+ NVR is the best choice for now.
However, the PoE power budget on this NVR (4XXX-AI/ANZ) is only 72W. After the 3rd or 4th PoE camera, the power budget will possibly start to be depleted (especially once you add PTZ cams).
Normal cameras take 5-8W (without IR/heaters). But PTZ can take 20-30W.

So if POE budget is a problem You should switch to 16 port version (bigger POE budget) or 5xxx line. Other solution is to take non POE version + POE switch.

In last scenario You can mount NVR around some TV or monitor and have HDMI access to it (it can display 24/7 preview from cams). And put POE switch in place where You have cables from cameras.

PS. Check Video decoding capability in spec if You want to use this feature. 5xxx line have 2x bigger decoding capability that 4xxx line.

Reaction score
Normal cameras take 5-8W (without IR/heaters). But PTZ can take 20-30W.

So if POE budget is a problem You should switch to 16 port version (bigger POE budget) or 5xxx line. Other solution is to take non POE version + POE switch.
I have got a dedicated PoE+ switch (TP-Link TL-SG1218MP 18 Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch with 16 PoE+ w/ total power budget of 250W)

PS. Check Video decoding capability in spec if You want to use this feature. 5xxx line have 2x bigger decoding capability that 4xxx line.
Based on your advice, I am buying the Dahua DHI-NVR5216-16P-AI/ANZ 16 Channel AI Wizsense Network Video Recorder
SPEC SHEET:
· 32-channel 1080p self-adaptive decoding capability.
· Max. 384 Mbps incoming/recording/outgoing bandwidth.
· AI by recorder: 2-channel face detection and recognition, 4-channel
perimeter protection, and 8-channel SMD Plus.
· AI by camera: Face detection and recognition, perimeter protection,
SMD Plus, metadata, ANPR, and people counting.

The above NVR supports both AcuPick and Quick Pick.

Also, the NVR4XXXXPAIANZ model only supports 1-channel for face detection and recognition.

@steve1225
Do you know the differences between Quick Pick and AcuPick?

Reaction score
@steve1225

I am having a cabler install the following two Dahua cameras:

1. Dahua WizSense Series 4MP TiOC 2.0 Active Deterrence PTZ Network Camera with 5x Optical Zoom, Auto-Tracking Lite, IP66 - DH-SD3E405DB-GNY-A-PV1

2. Dahua WizSense TiOC Duo Series 2x4MP Dual-Lens Eyeball Network Camera with 2.8mm Fixed Lens, IP67 DH-IPC-PDW3849-A180-AS-PV

Both cameras support 2-way talk out of the box.
However, with the PTZ camera I would like to attach a horn speaker such as this one:

Actually, I think I am better off using a PoE horn speaker, since I would be running CAT6A cables everywhere. Otherwise, I will have to organise a separate cable run for power.
In this case, I am not sure how I would go about hooking up the audio out of the Dahua PTZ camera to the IP-based horn speaker.

I am planning to mount the PTZ cameras using the Universal Corner Mount [DH-PFA151] from Dahua.

On the corner mount, the following water-proof junction box will be attached first [DH-PFA121 v2].

Then the base of the camera will be screwed onto the junction box above.

Do you see anything wrong with this installation approach?