NVR notification issue(showing camera is vulnerable)

ADEEB

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys,one of our teams facing an issue in the site that is the cameras in NVR showing your CCTV is vulnerable and can be exposed,fix it please-DIY or Telegram me -faxocity,please help me to fix this

Attachments

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The Reddit thread below goes through the steps- the thread also links to a video. Read through the comments go into your NVR , turn off UPnP, go to the overlay section and you should find the text there and delete it. Close open ports and turn off port forwarding in your router. Change the NVR password.

Read the thread on the IPCAM site about VPN and protecting against hacking.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Guys,one of our teams facing an issue in the site that is the cameras in NVR showing your CCTV is vulnerable and can be exposed,fix it please-DIY or Telegram me -faxocity,please help me to fix this
As noted you have been hacked. Your post implies that you hold yourself out as a professional. This is very sad. You have exposed your client to hacking. To make things worse you dont even know what you did wrong or how to fix it. Another clueless "pro". Refund your clients and beg for forgiveness.

ADEEB

n3wb
Reaction score
As noted you have been hacked. Your post implies that you hold yourself out as a professional. This is very sad. You have exposed your client to hacking. To make things worse you dont even know what you did wrong or how to fix it. Another clueless "pro". Refund your clients and beg for forgiveness.
"You have exposed your client to hacking"? What do you mean bro?We have done nothing and the site is handed over for AMC just few days before.And this is the first time we are facing this issue because we never gave access to the client without any firewall.So here am asking for a solution if u can help me I will be very thankful and lemme remind you one thing that you have no rights to blame someone without knowing what they have done.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
"You have exposed your client to hacking"? What do you mean bro?We have done nothing and the site is handed over for AMC just few days before.And this is the first time we are facing this issue because we never gave access to the client without any firewall.So here am asking for a solution if u can help me I will be very thankful and lemme remind you one thing that you have no rights to blame someone without knowing what they have done.
Exactly my point. You failed to properly secure they system. You either port forwarded or left upnp on and the router did it for you. I have every right to blame you. You failed at your job. The fact that you dont understand how to fix this really highlights your incompetence. You really need to disclose to your clients that you are a novice.