NVR4208-8P-4KS2 VS BI

JeffW

n3wb
Reaction score
I just picked up this NVR (NVR4208-8P-4KS2) and have it recording continuously from 4 cameras. I have BI still installed monitoring 1 of the same cams. I noticed on a few occasions that BI would drop 3 or 4 seconds of video at times. The NVR which is constantly recording didn't drop at all. This has happened on BI even before trying the NVR on the same cam. I am recording locally to an SSD on an i5 NUC Windows 10 dedicated to BI only on motion detect with a few second before and after record. There was enough movement during the record that BI should not have thought there wasn't any motion. I really like BI interface compared to the NVR and the phone app is way better in my opinion. I don't want to use the NVR but if I can't get BI to stop dropping seconds of recording I will have no choice but to keep the NVR. Is there anything I can check to see why the recordings are stopped for seconds at a time?
Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just picked up this NVR (NVR4208-8P-4KS2) and have it recording continuously from 4 cameras. I have BI still installed monitoring 1 of the same cams. I noticed on a few occasions that BI would drop 3 or 4 seconds of video at times. The NVR which is constantly recording didn't drop at all. This has happened on BI even before trying the NVR on the same cam. I am recording locally to an SSD on an i5 NUC Windows 10 dedicated to BI only on motion detect with a few second before and after record. There was enough movement during the record that BI should not have thought there wasn't any motion. I really like BI interface compared to the NVR and the phone app is way better in my opinion. I don't want to use the NVR but if I can't get BI to stop dropping seconds of recording I will have no choice but to keep the NVR. Is there anything I can check to see why the recordings are stopped for seconds at a time?
Thanks!
BI does not randomly drop recording...otherwise the rest of us would not be using it...
so you either have a settings issue or a networking/hardware issue...

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There was enough movement during the record that BI should not have thought there wasn't any motion.
When you watch an alert, you can right-click on it and have it show you specifically where it's sensing motion. I'd start there and see if BI is truly sensing the motion that is happening.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's almost certainly a motion or record settings error..

JeffW

n3wb
Reaction score
During playback I see the timecode skip 5 seconds ahead. It must be a setting that I have wrong somewhere. I will have to play around a bit more. I never noticed things that much until I compared recordings from the DVR vs BI. I have 2 people casing the front of my house and looking through the front door recently and BI was what I was recording with. I noticed jumping throughout the recording and the guy had a bright red hoody on and it had to detect motion the whole time it was during a sunny day. It was a HDW4231EM-AS camera. The audio also cut out. Here are a few camera settings. Do these look fine to you?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
During playback I see the timecode skip 5 seconds ahead. It must be a setting that I have wrong somewhere. I will have to play around a bit more. I never noticed things that much until I compared recordings from the DVR vs BI. I have 2 people casing the front of my house and looking through the front door recently and BI was what I was recording with. I noticed jumping throughout the recording and the guy had a bright red hoody on and it had to detect motion the whole time it was during a sunny day. It was a HDW4231EM-AS camera. The audio also cut out. Here are a few camera settings. Do these look fine to you?
you need to include your motion settings...you are comparing blue iris motion detection that must be set properly to continuous record on a dvr...also use direct to disk to reduce cpu consumption

JeffW

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah. Continuous record should definitely get everything. I will make the direct to disk change and look at the motion detect area. Here are the motion settings. The camera is still on the NVR right now so the trigger area is all the concrete on the front porch. I did notice the recording stopped immediately after they left the target area. Can I place an add 2 seconds to the end of every trip?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah. Continuous record should definitely get everything. I will make the direct to disk change and look at the motion detect area. Here are the motion settings. The camera is still on the NVR right now so the trigger area is all the concrete on the front porch. I did notice the recording stopped immediately after they left the target area. Can I place an add 2 seconds to the end of every trip?
i would lower the make time to 0.7-8 and set the break time in the trigger tab to at least 30 seconds

JeffW

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman and aristobrat. I'll make the changes and see how that goes. Thanks again!