nvr608-32-4ks2 bricked and update.img ?

Jadaras

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have obtained an NVR608-32-4KS2, but I am encountering some issues. When I try to start it up, it takes me directly to the EFI SHELL interface. The NVR's firmware seems to be missing, and I suppose it can be considered bricked, so I need to reinstall it. I read the post "Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP". As far as I understand, I need to use a null-modem cable to connect to the RS232 interface but I cannot find the update.img file for this NVR608. I only find .bin files that do not contain update.img. Could you guide me and provide me with another method? Thank you."

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does this NVR have an M.2 SSD built in?

My NVR5x-I has a small M.2 form factor SSD that runs the databases and OS on. I'm wondering if the place you obtained this NVR from had removed this SSD while removing the HDDs.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, you need that img file or else will not update, ask your supplier to send you the whole FW file package, if can't find we may help you.

Jadaras

n3wb
Reaction score
Does this NVR have an M.2 SSD built in?

My NVR5x-I has a small M.2 form factor SSD that runs the databases and OS on. I'm wondering if the place you obtained this NVR from had removed this SSD while removing the HDDs.
Thank you for your response. I don't think my NVR is equipped with an SSD from the factory. The person who gave it to me assured me that it was working before and that they didn't remove anything except the CMOS battery to replace it. I believe that's what flashed the firmware, and that's also why I took it thinking it would be an easy fix. In any case, here is a photo of the inside.

Attachments

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The person who gave it to me assured me that it was working before and that they didn't remove anything except the CMOS battery to replace it. I believe that's what flashed the firmware, and that's also why I took it thinking it would be an easy fix.
I didn't realise it was that easy to erase the firmware off it....?
Good news is you are not missing any parts then!

Locating the firmware file is the next challenge, Empiretecandy might be able to find something.

Jadaras

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, you need that img file or else will not update, ask your supplier to send you the whole FW file package, if can't find we may help you.
Hi Empiretecandy, Before coming here, I did try to search for a solution on my own. The person who gave it to me directed me to Dahua's support website. However, I could only find BIN files or files without an extension. Here is an incomplete list of the files I found :

I open each BIN file hoping to find .IMG but jsut find files without extension (mark after -->) :
DH_NVR6XX-4KS2_Eng_V3.216.0000000.1.R.190614.BIN --> DH_NVR6XX-4KS2_Eng_V3.216.0000000.1.R.190614
DH_NVR6XX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.1.R.220806.BIN --> DH_NVR6XX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.1.R.220806
DH_NVR6XX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.1.R.220806.BIN --> DH_NVR6XX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.2.R.230220
General_NVR6XX-4KS2_Eng_V3.210.0003.0.R.160714.BIN --> General_NVR6XX-4KS2_Eng_V3.210.0003.0.R.160714
As well as a list of support websites I came across (in case it can help someone...).
I ask by mail to Dahua support but still no answer. Even if it's an old version 3.2 I don't care, I just want to see this nice NVR work again and built on it my IP camera network:) The end of your sentence gives me a little hope Empiretecandy ;)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You won't here back from Dahua other than maybe tell you to talk to your installer- they do not talk to end user, especially on a resale.

Jadaras

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am writing to update you on the progress, or rather lack of progress, regarding my issue. @EMPIRETECANDY has confirmed that my search cannot be successful because Dahua has not made the "whole fw file package" available for public download. Nonetheless, Dahua support did respond to my inquiry. Initially, they directed me to the firmware files (without .img) that I had already found, and after my persistence, they informed me that they only provide these files to their distributors.

Therefore, if any of you work for a Dahua distributor, I would be very grateful if you could ask the manufacturer to provide you with the "whole fw file package" with .img file for the DHI-NVR608-32-4K. I do not want to see it end up in the trash :rolleyes: .

Thank you all.