Old BNC analog to new Cameras in 2024

Rusty Ross

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not to hijack your thread but is it common for the LR1002 to be bad? I have two runs so far that work and while working on the 3rd run I can hear the camera click on but won’t display anything. I’ve tested with another camera and it won’t work either. What’s weird is the BNC camera works just fine so I’m not sure what the issue is. I’m probably just going to run a new cat6 to that location and call it done!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve only installed 5-6 in various systems including 2 in my own (previous house) and had no issues.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Not to hijack your thread but is it common for the LR1002 to be bad? I have two runs so far that work and while working on the 3rd run I can hear the camera click on but won’t display anything. I’ve tested with another camera and it won’t work either. What’s weird is the BNC camera works just fine so I’m not sure what the issue is. I’m probably just going to run a new cat6 to that location and call it done!
i guess its possible, anything can be defective out of the box.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you powering it (the camera) via the LR1002, sending power over coax or the old DC power? I'd be suspicious of a power issue.

Bench test with a shorter piece of coax or figure out if you're supplying the camera with enough power.

Last edited:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you powering it via the LR1002, sending power over coax? I'd be suspicious of a power issue.
sure its being powered over a shared Epoe NVR or switch.

maybe try a new port?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sure its being powered over a shared Epoe NVR or switch.

maybe try a new port?
What I was asking is, if the camera is being powered by the LR1002 or from the DC power that used to power the old BNC cam.

Rusty Ross

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What I was asking is, if the camera is being powered by the LR1002 or from the DC power that used to power the old BNC cam.

EPOE from the NVR. I’ve tried different LR1002’s with different ports and same results. If I bring the camera inside with a new cable it works which is what made me think the cable is bad; but why would the old camera still work on the same cable?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Analog camera may not be as sensitive to an issue as the IP camera.

Maybe you exceeded the power capacity of the NVR? If you unplug other cameras does it work?

Is this camera a epoe camera?

Rusty Ross

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Analog camera may not be as sensitive to an issue as the IP camera.

Maybe you exceeded the power capacity of the NVR? If you unplug other cameras does it work?

Is this camera a epoe camera?
yes I’ve tried unplugging and same result. It’s the LPR camera I messaged you about last week and have had it working inside when I tested them. I got it to come on one time with the wire but I’m thinking when I pushed the wire back up it must have “broke” resulting in video loss. I already ran a cat6 halfway into the attic so I will probably just finish and use that anyway.

Attachments

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
EPOE from the NVR. I’ve tried different LR1002’s with different ports and same results. If I bring the camera inside with a new cable it works which is what made me think the cable is bad; but why would the old camera still work on the same cable?
Rusty,

where are you hiding the LR1002? In the wall, or do you have a junction box?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
originally in the wall, but I’ve scrapped the BNC setup and just finished pulling cat6 cables to each camera and will go with Poe

ahh ok.

do you know if these lr1002 adapter can fit into a junction box or the wall mount bracket? unit seems pretty small

Rusty Ross

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ahh ok.

do you know if these lr1002 adapter can fit into a junction box or the wall mount bracket? unit seems pretty small
I don’t know for sure but it seems like they would fit in a junction box

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ahh ok.

They can BARELY fit in a camera junction box. But the wires are kinked 90 degrees and depending on what all comes with the camera pigtail, it might be tough to get it all in.

I went to these just to give more room:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
They can BARELY fit in a camera junction box. But the wires are kinked 90 degrees and depending on what all comes with the camera pigtail, it might be tough to get it all in.

I went to these just to give more room:

andy says i could get away with this .. pfa122

or PFB203W

Thoughts?

this will be for the Varifocal turret... IPC-T54IR-ZE S3

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is the PFA130 with one in it. Those two are a little bigger so you probably could. I would go with the PFB203W

20240308_213134.jpg