ONVIF - Only Certain Areas & Alert Types

mbh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, I an new to the ONVIF game, how do I get it to only look at certain areas such as motion detection? Furthermore, how can I get people and vehicles into those alert lists?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on the camera you have.

Make and model?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For that camera, you want to use IVS rules and not motion detection.

Go into the camera and set up smart plan with IVS, then go to the IVS screen and draw IVS rules (tripwire or intrusion box) and then select the AI you want it to trigger on (human or vehicle).

Then in BI, there are a few places you need to set this up in BI (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".

Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.

Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" or "External/ONVIF" box depending on your BI version.

On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas in Zones A thru H)

On the alerts tab set up how to be notified.

mbh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ahh yes, I was just reading another post, I was not getting ONVIF alerts on my cameras, and saw I need to enable them on the cameras. Which is pretty weird, I think they should be enabled from the start! I do not see this motion setting you are speaking of, I think I have that already checked, I will link a screenshot below.

My question is these tripwires, I have never had to do these before, I just want it to look everywhere except my neighbor's yard.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is the correct box.

Did you also check the "Get ONVIF triggers" under the Video tab?

Just use an intrusion box for the IVS rule and draw it on the outline of your property and then anything on your neighbors will not trigger.

But make sure you have Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection turned off in the camera GUI.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then you have something wrong like you didn't set up IVS correctly.

SMD will work, but we have found that it will trigger for shadows and just about anything. IVS with AI is much more reliable.

mbh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Then you have something wrong like you didn't set up IVS correctly.

SMD will work, but we have found that it will trigger for shadows and just about anything. IVS with AI is much more reliable.
Okay, I did not have IVS configured, I will do that now and turn off the motion detection, I'll post results once I figure the IVS out.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In your field of views, you should use zigzagged trip wires instead of intrusion.
Think in 3d when drawing the trip wires. You want roughly for the persons waist to be in line with the tripwires when they walk through.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Like this? Is it okay to use both?
It's ok to use both, but the way you have your intrusion zone's drawn they won't likely catch much of anything.
You need to test and verify, test the trip wires by having someone walk through them, and you can watch what is being triggered in real time.
Be sure to watch with the WEB gui, to see the tripwires in action.

mbh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's ok to use both, but the way you have your intrusion zone's drawn they won't likely catch much of anything.
You need to test and verify, test the trip wires by having someone walk through them, and you can watch what is being triggered in real time.
Be sure to watch with the WEB gui, to see the tripwires in action.
I am getting motion true triggers but no, person detection

Attachments

mbh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a very OP graphics card for this, when I put confirm with AI everything is hitting like I want, the ONVIF just does not like me I guess. Should I just keep it that way?

Attachments

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Think of the tripwire or intrusion box as lasers on the ground, some of yours are way too high. You also need to try and leave an area around so that the person then when they walk will cross the tripwire/intrusion box.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
There are 3 different places you have to enable ONVIF in BI. Your pics in post #5 and #7 are two of them. You also need to go to the camera Alert tab and select for When "This camera is triggered" for alerts from ONVIF events.

Also, back on the Trigger tab, when you hit the Configure button for ONVIF/camera events, are you seeing a "GetEvents: OK" at the top right? If not, then BI is not getting ONVIF events at all from your cams which is usually a permission issue.

mbh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Think of the tripwire or intrusion box as lasers on the ground, some of yours are way too high. You also need to try and leave an area around so that the person then when they walk will cross the tripwire/intrusion box.
Okay I was told to try and have them at peoples waist, guess I over shot, I will change that

There are 3 different places you have to enable ONVIF in BI. Your pics in post #5 and #7 are two of them. You also need to go to the camera Alert tab and select for When "This camera is triggered" for alerts from ONVIF events.

Also, back on the Trigger tab, when you hit the Configure button for ONVIF/camera events, are you seeing a "GetEvents: OK" at the top right? If not, then BI is not getting ONVIF events at all from your cams which is usually a permission issue.
Please see attached screenshots, sidenote, I just added the confirm with AI late last night, when I posted it.

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Okay I was told to try and have them at peoples waist, guess I over shot, I will change that

Please see attached screenshots, sidenote, I just added the confirm with AI late last night, when I posted it.
Yes, some of those trip wires are still too high. Did you have someone walk through and while you watch how the trip wires react.
All of your problems are due to improper setup.