PoE IP cam / nvr kits

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Someone asked me what cam / nvr to go with and I told them I use Dahua brand and a bunch of hardware to automatic it but I don't want to be the one providing support or setting it all up for anyone....

I will help them run ethernet cable for a pizza and dr pepper but that as far I go. They wanted a plug n play kit even if it mean lesser quality that they could set up for themselves.

How are the Reolink camera / nvr kits? App easy to set up? I don't want them calling me to fix it instead I want them calling the product dealer to fix it for them or for any support.

Anyone have this one up and running? -
Thanks

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just a plain NO on the Reolink LOL.

Many come here disappointed with the Reolinks. We have a whole thread dedicated to people posting their best pics at night and they are poor.

Reolink: Deconstruction of a dangerous misleading youtube review "Finding the BEST 4K Security Camera NVR Package (Reolink vs Amcrest vs Swann)"

If your neighbor wants simple, then go with consumer grade that would be comparable/better than Reolink - go with Ring or Arlo LOL.

Or send them to Amcrest/Lorex that is made by Dahua, so if they want to upgrade to better cameras later they can. Amcrest and Lorex have a call center for support, although most find they know more than the rep reading from a checklist LOL.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a plain NO on the Reolink LOL.

Many come here disappointed with the Reolinks. We have a whole thread dedicated to people posting their best pics at night and they are poor.

Reolink: Deconstruction of a dangerous misleading youtube review "Finding the BEST 4K Security Camera NVR Package (Reolink vs Amcrest vs Swann)"

If your neighbor wants simple, then go with consumer grade that would be comparable/better than Reolink - go with Ring or Arlo LOL.

Or send them to Amcrest/Lorex that is made by Dahua, so if they want to upgrade to better cameras later they can. Amcrest and Lorex have a call center for support, although most find they know more than the rep reading from a checklist LOL.
Ario .. heard of it .. do you know if it a cloud dependance product? Ring are cloud dependance so no go on Ring.

Amcrest - I know about it being a white label using Dahua based hardware but my concern is Dahua app isn't that user friendly and I do have AD410 doorbell where the Amcrest app is really crappy to use with doorbell. I set up a bridge and I am using Apple Homekit as the doorbell and security camera app. The Apple AI is nice but again I don't want to be the one setting up bridge and providing support for it etc. They are elderly people but have some pretty good basic tech knowledge to be able to set up hardware with apps etc. They just don't want any cloud based devices or be paying a monthly fee to use it.