Poe switch suggestion

Reaction score
I want to buy 2 hikvision 8+2 poe switch for my 16 cameras but this switch has 60watt budget. Will this poe switch good for my 4mp acusense camera each having max 7w usage thus total of 56w ??

Injunfarian

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One thing that you have to remember is that you may want to upgrade your camera's down the road.. I have been looking at this Switch to possibly add to my network but I too would like peoples input:

YuanLey 16 Port Gigabit PoE Switch with 2 Gigabit Uplink - YS20162G-P

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you getting managed or unmanaged switches?
I am also looking at 8+2 poe switches. Many have 100 mbit on the poe and 1000 on the 2 other ones.
I am not sure about the entire functionality of such a switch, as far as the treatment od the two faster ports is concerned.
I would plan to connect like this:
8x cam poe 100 mbit
1x NVR 1000mbit
1x my computer 1000 mbit

Can all 10 ports communicate with another? Like can my computer reach the NVR?
May the sum of the 100 mbit communication exceed 100 mbit? Say 8 cams at 20 mbit, each is fine with their ports 100 mbit, but their sum adds to 160 mbit. The uplink port can handle it, but can the switch itself too?
I was actually looking at this one: Dahua switch but I can't interpret the specs well enough.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a Yuanley that I tried for some cams. But it turned out most of my bandwidth problem was the Amcrest 4108 NVR with a 80Mbps and not so great on 2 way comms when trying to get it to open web GUI's of cams.
ANother guy on here bought 2-3 Yuanleys to save money, knowing they were budget Switches.
So I tried one. It would power my cams, but I needed duplex 1000Mbps comms, to get rid of the lag, so I went to Cisco SG200.
They can work for a small system, but just know, it's not really seen in America as an Awesome purchase.

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
But it turned out most of my bandwidth problem was the Amcrest 4108 NVR with a 80Mbps and not so great on 2 way comms when trying to get it to open web GUI's of cams.
Wittaj warned me about the 80 Mbps, so I bought a 4208 NVR which offers 160 Mbps at a great discount from Amazon warehouse. So it should profit from hooking it to a faster port.

and not so great on 2 way comms when trying to get it to open web GUI's of cams
Which unit is not so great? The switch or the NVR? What did go wrong with web interface?

So I tried one. It would power my cams, but I needed duplex 1000Mbps comms, to get rid of the lag, so I went to Cisco SG200.
Where did you need 1000Mbps? On the camera ports or on the uplink ports? I can't quite follow you, as I don't know your old switch exactly.