Pre Trigger Video

Ironheadchop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all, i have noticed that now when i go to play back my alerts my video starts later than when it should. For Example. i used to have a 20 second pre trigger so when i would get an alert for someone walking around the corner of my garage, when i would play the clip it would play for 10 or 15 seconds then the person would appear in frame. Now when i play the clips it starts out with the person almost at the end of my garage. I didnt change anything so im not sure what happened.

Any suggestions on fixing it? I have my cams set to record continuous + triggered.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You updated BI - that is what happened LOL.

When updating, it is always good to read the update file for changes like this! Many of us got caught with this one LOL.

You now need to check the "Fully playback with alert" if you want to see the pre-trigger event.

1711146995995.png

Ironheadchop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks . I guess that has been like that for awhile. I need to pay more attention to the notes. Thank you!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah those are the ones that get it us LOL - something is changed and we don't notice it for months and then think something broke and here it was an intentional change BI made that we were not aware of.

It is another reason why most of us don't update unless it is adding a feature we want. Sometimes it intentionally breaks something we had working (that can be fixed once we realize it is just a checkbox LOL).

mvoss

n3wb
Reaction score
What version does that start on? I'm on 5.8.2.5 but I have thought about moving up to 5.8.7.11.

Thanks