Problem with dahua VTO2201F and DMSS

pehun

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a problem with my new doorbell.
It works perfectly with its VTH, no problem to configure it with DMSS, but when I try to have a conversation from DMSS to the doorbell, the person in from of the doorbell cannot ear me...
Any Idea?

pehun

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just made all the last firmware update, still the same problem...
pretty strange that the uis says "no firmware available", but with config tools you can flash newer firmware...

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What kind of phone? Android has given me problems with permissions before.

pehun

n3wb
Reaction score
Samsung Note 20ultra
I activated all the permissions that I was able to...

Brosserg

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been having issues with my setup since last Thursday, so a full week now, where before notifications were coming in no problem to the App on my 5 devices and now nothing for what seems no reason. Nothing has changed in my network, or the devices as far as I can tell seing as how I they are all on various versions of iOS and were running fine before so it's not update related.

My 2 VTH's are working fine with the VTO, just the 5 iPads suddenly stopped receiving calls in DMSS, but they can all view the camera and open the door. Just not receive calls/notifications.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’ve only done a few vto vth installs for gate access and I’ve always had tech support log in and configure it. It’s a bit different than setting up cams/nvr or regular doorbells. I did notice they would only use GUI from both and there were settings in there they would try “option 1 or option 2” until it worked. Outside of my normal day to day, and a pain in the ass of walking back and forth to test, not to mention you need a second phone and person on the other end or conference call your helper/client in.

Last edited:

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Other things to consider; is it setup p2p vs ip/domain? Do you have a DMSS account or just use anonymous? I’ve noticed with households with multiple people/devices if using p2p every device has to have it’s own DMSS email or when one opens app the others will be signed out.

Brosserg

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm gonna restart from scratch. I have all the devices with me. Signed out and deleted the app. Rebooted the VTO from the portal. Gonna try to just get 1 device working.
It's configured to be P2P in the settings of the VTO, and all devices are on the same network.

I didn't think I needed an account for P2P ? Even if all the devices are on the same network and won't be going out of that Network ?

Earlier I logged into the App and then tried to add the VTO to the app as an account and it said the device had to support PaaS capability to do that and added it as a Local device anyway.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The account comes in handy if you want to have DMSS save alerts, otherwise it’ll clear when you close it. Maybe try both methods, I’ve got 2 for home and the one under account is persistent. Also maybe try both entering second device manually and/or exporting from 1st DMSS to second.

Brosserg

n3wb
Reaction score
Alright so I have 1 iPad with the VTO added as a local device, not logged into an account.
Another iPad, VTO addes as a local device, logged into an account.

The first time I went to test, only the iPad that is logged into an account rang, but only after the VTO had rang the max amount of time and had hung up.
The second time I tested, both rang, but also only after the maximum amount of rings.
It used to function that as soon as the doorbell was pressed, all devices (both VTH's and the iPads) would all ring at the same time. Not wait for the 5 or whatever rings of the VTO and then push the call to DMSS.

I don't know what's going on lol, but if it's as you said having an account logged into the APP is mostly only for saving of the messages/notifications (which I don't care for atm) then it don't see why it would matter ?

Last edited:

Brosserg

n3wb
Reaction score
Well worked for a bit on the two. Decided to add a third and I must have pushed my luck cause now it's round robbin on which one will receive a call through DMSS if they receive anything at all.

This is starting to become frustrating as I don't know what is the cause of the issue. All of a sudden just stops working and I had changed nothing. Does this functionality rely on anything from Dahua ? I can't see how since it's supposed to be all local network functionnality or so I thought ?

Could my software version 2019-03-05 V4.300.0000000.1.R and MCU version 2016-03-21 V3 on my VTO2000A have anything to do with this ? I've tried looking to see if there is a more current version but not even sure where to look. Dahua website is a freaking mess, and their wiki is worse full of broken page links.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DMSS is a mess..
I migrated to Imou Life - works better, much much better UI.. and is stable - app is maintained outside China by west programers.. is designed for Imou cameras (separate brand with products for end users) - but they are simply Dahua (with cut some options) and app works with any Dahua cam/nvr/intercom.

There are missing some functions - You can't configure from Imou Life many config options on cams/nvr/intercoms, which are available on DMSS.. But everything missing You can do over web config..

If You use DMSS in cloud account mode, you must first delete P2P devices from DMSS (ip/ddns can stay).
Then in imou create another account and add that devices over p2p. Imou don't ask for username (only password), so You must use admin account...

This is limitation how Dahua p2p works - one p2p device can be added by serial number only to one cloud account. Accounts from DMSS and Imou are different (in past DMSS have ability to login to Imou account, but they disabled this in latest versions).

The process is reversible - You can delete device in Imou and then add back to DMSS..

pehun

n3wb
Reaction score
Same thing with imou app.
Everything is fine except there is no sound from my phone

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I suggest to upgrade VTO fimware and MCU to latest versions General_VTOXXX_Eng_P_16M_SIP_V4.300.0000002.0.R.20210722 and General_VTO2000A-MCU_V3.000.0000000.0.R.20181123.
You can grab neccessary files from my thread here: dahua-vto-vth-firmware-link-sammlung-anleitungen

If this does not help, I suggest to sniffer lan traffic at the VTO's lan port. This woul help locating the problem (phone or vto).

pehun

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, eveything works now, updated from dahua's website
the vth interface is now lot different, the long press on settings doesn't work anymore.
Anybody know the new shortcut?