Pulling my hair out! Trying to backup camera settings

DaveWillow

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone. As the title says, I am getting nowhere fast while trying to backup my camera settings. From the backup screen (pic1), I get what looks like some kind of file manager screen (pic 2). The problem is that I am unable to do ANYTHING in this screen. It won't save when I press the OK, centre button. Apologies, I should have said I am using 'TinyCam Pro' on a FireStick 4K. Can someone help? Many thanks.

Attachments

DaveWillow

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to backup, or export to local storage. Nothing happens when I get to here. The filename is clearly there but 'save' is greyed out, presumably because I'm not allowed to save the file in this location. I can't get to the top menu, left, right, up and down do nothing. The only key that works is the back 'return' key. What file manager is this? Can I not change the file association to another program? Thanks for your help.

DaveWillow

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, update: This was the fix. When I tried to export the cameras, the file handling was done by 'Files', the built in file manager. Because I only had the Firestick remote, the number of options was limited and I couldn't use the remote to jump between controls. I bought a new Bluetooth mouse and this allowed me to move and select different choices. I also installed an app called Total Commander. This allowed me to browse folders, etc. I am now using CX File Explorer as well. Anyway, thanks to all who offered advice.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, update: This was the fix. When I tried to export the cameras, the file handling was done by 'Files', the built in file manager. Because I only had the Firestick remote, the number of options was limited and I couldn't use the remote to jump between controls. I bought a new Bluetooth mouse and this allowed me to move and select different choices. I also installed an app called Total Commander. This allowed me to browse folders, etc. I am now using CX File Explorer as well. Anyway, thanks to all who offered advice.
Thank you for your feedback and sharing your solution which will help others in the future who run into the same problem.:thumb:

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been wrestling with a similar export issue on Android TV devices with a 'you don't have an app that can do this' error when trying to export cameras.xml to local storage. No options. Nothing. Just a brick wall. I gave up trying to use a Firestick with tinyCam quite some time ago and can't comment one way or another on that platform these days.

I've tried all the file managers that I dare load onto a MiBox or ChromeTV or AndroidTV box with zero success. I can't even find the 'cameras.xml' file except for a new app I tried today that wants 10 bux up front to do anything aside from giving you a tour of its shitty gui.

This used to work as expected. Cloud storage still does, though Google Drive can be pretty tricky with tinyCam being equally picky about login authenticity -- to Google of all things. I simply want to store various camera setups locally for convenience in loading up different combinations. About as basic as it gets.

I've read somewhere that this is a later Android version issue which I question since the MiBox is still 9 with a July '21 security patch and it used to work fine with it. 'Course the security update may still be a possibility (perhaps because of tinyCam! LOL) and I just missed the coincidence factor?

Whatever..., It's pretty frustrating and I've come up empty for an explanation (let alone a solution) going on two years now. The developer seems to have vanished.

Anyone know their way around this one?

As usual, gang..., TIA for any enlightenment.

Last edited: