Question about possibly trying Blu Iris and keeping NVR as a backup

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was able to get a 730xd with 2 xeon 4c 8t cpus and around 50TB of storage and 64GB of ram, but only putting around 10TB for nvr until the sas fail or I get bigger nas drives to replace the sas with.

I want to also use part of the server for a plex server and file storage. So should I run windows and shared folders or like prox mox, truenas and docker/jail plex and run windows in a VM.

I know the cpus I have don't have quick sync, but I have a quadro p400 in it for now until I find something better that is not overly priced. For now just wanting to try the trial and see how it works and if I can stream 1 or 2 off plex and not interfere with nvr side.

IMG_8944.jpgIMG_8942.jpg

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have had luck with Amcrest Dvr's and NVR's pushing cam data to BI as they are Dahua ( Oem's with less features)
I have had no luck with Nightowl ( Hikvision Oems) Dvr's porting to BI. Although some models do.
Not sure about the IP versions of Hikvision.

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have had luck with Amcrest Dvr's and NVR's pushing cam data to BI as they are Dahua ( Oem's with less features)
I have had no luck with Nightowl ( Hikvision Oems) Dvr's porting to BI. Although some models do.
Not sure about the IP versions of Hikvision.
I have a Dahua NVR, didn't know you could pass through from a NVR to BI or a server. I meant no longer use the NVR and keep as a back up if needed. For now I figure I'll stick to what I know. I put Windows 10 LTSC on it and will try out that way for now. I messed with prox mox/truenas but for as little as I'm doing I don't wanna mess with Linux/BSD or learn any of it.