Random Picture(s) -- StevenFromTexas

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Don't mess with Texas. This moron got a letter and a litter bag from the Texas Department of Transportation.

View attachment 180044

View attachment 180046
So you got them littering on camera, got their plates and sent that info to TXDOT and they sent them a warning letter and a litter bag? Is that standard practice? A while back a Medina county commissioner found garbage thrown on the side of a side road at the bottom of a 15 foot cliff (with all due respect to Arlo Guthrie!) It had envelopes or other means of identifying the people that were probably guilty. He returned it to their house and left a note that if he found it again, charges would be filed. On several occasions, I have seen people with old furniture in the back of their pickup and know they are heading to a lonely country road to toss it. It would be nice to have some means of deterring that type of activity.

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So you got them littering on camera, got their plates and sent that info to TXDOT and they sent them a warning letter and a litter bag? Is that standard practice?
It is standard practice in Texas. I expect the vehicle owner is probably a little irritated that they got a letter and a litter bag. I doubt it makes much difference to the slob. But I sure feel better. :lol:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@IReallyLikePizza2 is a master at this! I know he reports them as well.

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These pictures are from a IPC-B52IR-Z12EB-S2 (the B after E is for black) camera operating in color at 15 frames per second at slightly over 500 feet distance. Its purpose is to record which way humans, suspect vehicles, and aggressive large dogs are going/coming in the area. The main light source is a street light. Not ideal conditions, but the camera does what I want it to do at night. Of course, the daytime pictures are much better. I've never seen more than one raccoon out and about before today.

One Bandit:
One Bandit -- 02-23-24.jpg

Two Bandits:
Two Bandits -- 02-23-24.jpg

Three bandits:
Three Bandits -- 02-23-24.jpg

Last edited:

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One of the problem houses on the block with lots of problem people. I'm not using the PTZ function in the daytime, so no closeup of the punk in the very upper left corner of the pictures entering the house through a window . . . why use a key to the front door. The window also comes in handy when escaping at night to engage in criminal activity. How about those fine vans parked the wrong way on the street! :poop:

20240227_151530_ch14.jpg20240227_151533_ch14.jpg

20240227_151536_ch14.jpg20240227_151539_ch14.jpg

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Curious, what makes all those tire track marks on your new driveway?
My Chevy Tahoe makes almost all of those tire tracks going in and out of the side of the garage that I park in. I replaced the driveway and sidewalks in January 2019. Concrete installations generally are much lighter in color nowadays in the area; it's very obvious who has replaced driveways and sidewalks in older parts of the city. Mine now matches the concrete in newer developments.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Sidewalks are the responsibility of the homeowner not the City?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
The homeowner is responsible for the sidewalk. Code Enforcement can ticket the homeowner if someone complains about a poorly maintained sidewalk. Trees and concrete don't get along very well. I removed the problem trees. :)
Here in Florida the sidewalks are located in the public right-of-way. The City/County/State own the right-of-way and are responsible for the sidewalks.