recommendation: outdoor ip poe for small area...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The starlight is a lil overkill for a doghouse.. that cheap 4MP Turret should be fine for pet watching in a confined area.. the starlight would probably have its aperature mostly closed so the pet wouldent whiteout the camera.

GFM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update:
Well, after having the camera set up and running for a couple of weeks, I have been quite impressed with the unit. Other than the issue with POE not working, it has been working perfectly using the 12v wall-wart. Picture is high quality compared to my other Foscam units, price was agreeable, and works real well with Blue Iris. Been able to get the snapshot working for my local web page, that works perfectly too. As-is, I am actually quite happy with it. If the POE worked it would be "Awsome!". :)

I did hear back from the seller who recommendes taking it to a "market" and letting someone try it out on different POE equipment... which I have not done yet since no-one out here has anything I can try it out on. Now that it is installed I am not too willing to remove it in the cold (afraid of breaking the mounting ring due to sub-zero temps even though it is warmer in the "cat house"). If I am taking a trip to the nearest city on a warmer day, maybe an hour or so away, I can bring it along... there should be somewhere I can try it out.

GFM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update:
I ended up making a deal with the seller and they sent me another camera (kept the old one). The new one works perfectly on the POE switch so I am satisfied. Left the old camera in the doghouse since it already has power etc, and set the new one up in a good spot to perform as a security cam.

These cams did not come from Andy, if I do purchase another unit I will likely order from him as it appears support and QC are really good from what I have read.