Running BlueIris in Crossover

Ilang

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a short term need to run BlueIris in Crossover on a MAC. I have installed the software and copied over the configuration from my original windows 7 system. Everything appears to be working. All the cameras can be accessed and images are being capture.
However, I have found one issue with the web server. It does not appaer to bind to the host IP so cannot be accessed.
When looking at the Web Server pages under options the Local, internet (LAN) access does not show an ip address in the interfaces box, it is blank. the HTTP:// box is grayed out and just contains :81 (the port number). The Remote external access box has the right information. I have use regedit and found a location for the local IP and have manually entered the host IP. Although this results in a full address in the grayed out local access box, the web site cannot be accessed.
Anyone had any experiance with running BlueIris under crossover or wine and come across this.
Please to save you effort in asnwering with "I would not run under crossover/wine/vm". I know that this is not the optimal way to run BlueIris but for the time being this what I need to do.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Does Crossover have any options related to networking? Sounds like Blue Iris is unable to enumerate the network adapters attached to the system, and therefore is not binding a port.

Ilang

n3wb
Reaction score
Thankyou for the quick response. I had overlooked the link you found on CodeWeaver. The networking options in crossover appear to be very limited, but that my be my lack on knowledge.
To see if an application could find the network tried installing HFS in the same bottle as BlueIris. HFS is a windows based HTML file server.
The program installed and found all the local IP addresses on the MAC and I was able to select which one I wished to use.
It may be the way the BlueIris web server try to enumerate the network adaptors as at least one other windows server app is able to "find" the network.

Ilang

n3wb
Reaction score
Thniking about this more, as Blueiris is abe to talk to network cameras and also determine the external network IP then part of the program would appear to be able to find the network adaptors thus is would point to the problem being Blueiris and not an issue with the host environment.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it is a little of both. Likely the API blue iris uses to enumerate network adapters is not compatible. Maybe BI gets this info from the windows registry. I know it uses the registry for MIME type mappings, so maybe for other things too. Seems like Crossover could easily overlook faking the necessary registry keys for NIC listing. Just a guess of course.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am having a similar problem running BI in windows 10.

I have 2 wired LAN connections (192.168.3.111 ,192.168.3.112) and a wifi (192.168.3.110) connection. I have no problems at all until the computer is shut down and restarted. At this point everything works except the web interface.

I had it set as 'Listen/bind to one selected LAN/IP only' and that being 192.168.3.112:xxxx. The only interface I can now see is 127.0.0.1 and the internal LAN access is show as 127.0.0.1:xxxx The Remote external access box has the right information as you do.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
BI likely started before your previously chosen network adapter was online. I suggest you restart BI. I also suggest you let it listen on all interfaces unless you actually have a reason to restrict the web server to one network interface.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there a way to delay the start of BI ? It's a problem when windows does an update and restarts itself.

The reason I restrict it is because I have a number of internet connections and I tie the 112 LAN to one of the connections with a static IP. (We are a long way from the exchange so I also use mobile phone hotspots for my other connections).