SADP Question

username

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have HikVision 7716NI with several 2142FWD 4mp camera's attached.
Cameras are on private subnet, 192.168.254.x

I have enabled the VPN passthrough and can view some (but not all) of the camera web pages using a browser.

SADP, v 3.3, shows only the NVR, none of the cameras. I have not attempted to fool with connecting my laptop directly to a POE port and changing the network settings.

Is this normal for SADP? Since I can browse to the camera why does SADP not show them?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have enabled the VPN passthrough
Presumably you mean the 'Virtual Host' facility.
Is this normal for SADP? Since I can browse to the camera why does SADP not show them?
You are not actually browsing to the camera - but to a NAT address provided by a feature of the NVR.
Cameras are on private subnet, 192.168.254.x
That is correct, and by default it is not accessible from the LAN addresses that the NVR LAN port is connected to.
I have not attempted to fool with connecting my laptop directly to a POE port and changing the network settings.
If you did this, SADP would see the cameras, and the NVR via its 192.168.254.1 address, even if you didn't change the laptop IP address to match.

With the 'Virtual Host' active and working, you have full access to the web GUI of the cameras.
I'm curious what would you want to do with SADP that you can't do via the camera web GUI?

username

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Presumably you mean the 'Virtual Host' facility.
Yes

I'm curious what would you want to do with SADP that you can't do via the camera web GUI?
1). To see what's 'on the other side of the hill'
2). 2 cameras are refusing login credentials. 'Fixed' one with the camera reset, will do reset on the other today. But still want to see what SADP shows. Your reply confirms for me that if I'm that curious I need to plug laptop into NVR. Thanks for that info.