Solar charged battery for Reolink RLC-510A Wireless Camera

kd4e

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone tested one of these as the power source for a Reolink RLC-510A (or similar) wireless camera?
The Reolink specifies 12v @ 1A - so it should, in theory, work.
WDYT?
Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That simply has no where near enough solar panel or storage to continuously power a wifi/ethernet camera

Last edited:

kd4e

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That simply has no where near enough solar panel or storage to continuously power a wifi/ethernet camera
Ahh ... I should have looked more closely ... the battery is short a decimal point. Needs to be 20,000 not 2,000mAH. OK. I may have a panel and battery that can meet the need. Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ahh ... I should have looked more closely ... the battery is short a decimal point. Needs to be 20,000 not 2,000mAH. OK. I may have a panel and battery that can meet the need. Thanks!
The one you linked is weird anyway: the standard for a 12 volt DC cam connector is 5.5mm outside x 2.1mm inside, that's the size they say the 6VDC connector is and the 12VDC output is some strange 4.0mm x 1.7mm.

Possible misprint but definitely would require clarification, IMO. :idk:

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this your sole power source? If so you probably need to use a solar calculator to work out what you need, but irequirements can be surprising if running 24/7 on battery.

..and for that you need to know the actual consumption of your camera ie voltage plus power ie. amperage, (so you can calculate wattage - W=VA), or alternatively if stated the watts. Note here Watts is usually Watts per hour unless stated otherwise. Please note here this should probably be the peak consumption as the camera may use more power at night if running lighting or IR.

Here's one calculator. There are many out there.