Stop BI overlays from being saved to BVR files.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm having a senior moment. BI on a new install, and I know I've seen it, but can't find it.
How do you stop time overlays from generated by BI from being recorded into the BVR file? Thus, they don't show on playback of a clip.
Thanks.

nfamos1

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it the Display Overlays Live in the Video tab of the individual camera settings? Bottom left checkbox.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
5.3.7 - December 20, 2020
Video overlays are now always written to the BVR file. Each overlay object has a new flag Require live display of overlay at the time of recording which determines whether or not the overlay is displayed during playback. This allows you to decide whether or not the overlays should also be toggled during playback when you toggle the overlays on and off while actively recording.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Even if overlays are disabled for live viewing, they are still written to the BVR file and may be displayed upon playback unless Require live display of overlay at the time of recording is selected here.1661989191502.png

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Camera Settings> Video> Edit ovarlays...> Edit (OR) Add Text/Time...> Require live display at the time of recording.
Not sure of any of this is helpful or not :D

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I come at it from the other angle. I turn off the motherfucking clocks in the camera's and get a uniform time stamp from one source. Blue Iris.
The Godamned Jivetechs wont sync with a motherfucking thing. Grrrrr

Reaction score
In most states, if an overlay is added to the video it can be disputed in court as being “altered”. I do not have BI overlays, I use the camera time stamp, even if it is off by a few seconds because it cannot be challenged as being altered. YMMV.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Ramsey county Sheriff sends me a link with the Case# and has me upload video to their Site when there is a credible offense that has occurred.
They haven't disputed anything so far.
The fucking camera's with thier funky daylight savings time, and my NTP server not connected to the internet, I'm finding the only stable time is Windows.
The God damned DVR is not on the Web. it's usually 1 hour and 5 minutes off ( Murphy's Universal law of Space-time of or some fucking shit)
When the Shit goes down...and I need mail room footage, it's always off on time. I rarely rely on that thing anymore, but whatever.
I have to insert a thumb drive and parse out the crime, ( with the wrong time on it) drive it home, and upload it.
Most of the petty criminals are back out after posting $100 bond.
I'll Ask them where they stand on time stamps from VMS or cam....