Subdivision Monitoring - Smallest Viable System Recommendations

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I know nothing about NVRs, would this refurb work?

For HDDs, I run some of these. A lot of space for the money.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Sure, its an upgrade over the one he picked. I was thinking he needed a small form factor but apparently its going inside a building.

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes its quite useable web interface, your connection will determine how well. Still recommend installing SmartPSS to help with Live View/Playback/Download stuff, better IMHO for those things than the NVR Web UI. I rarely use the NVR web interface unless it is to access cameras directly or make setting changes
That's great. I learned something else new. I was able to add one of the NVRs from the wiki to SmartPSS.

nicpottier

n3wb
Reaction score
I know nothing about NVRs, would this refurb work?

For HDDs, I run some of these. A lot of space for the money.

I saw that refurb and wondered the same. Sounds like it would. Assume there's little downside to a refurb from a trusted vendor?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I saw that refurb and wondered the same. Sounds like it would. Assume there's little downside to a refurb from a trusted vendor?
I have purchased many cams from the refurb list.

None of them I received looked like they were installed.

Many of them didn't even looked like they were opened. It was like the person bought it and was like WTF that is bigger than my arlo and sent it back LOL.

A couple you could tell they plugged it in and was like "I can't see it and is harder to set up than my scan QR code Ring" and sent it back LOL.

They come with a warranty, and I wouldn't hesitate at all to buy from the refurb list again. Some of my best cams came off that list.

nicpottier

n3wb
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^^
True, both have their advantages/disadvantages but for 3-4 cameras that little 4100 is a good little unit.