sunlight changes trigger alert

joea

n3wb
Reaction score
Version 4.5.9.8 x64 HIKVISION Model: DS-2CD2042WD-I

When lighting changes dramatically, it triggers a false motion alert. I have tried messing with contrast but no joy. What might I try?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Version 4.5.9.8 x64 HIKVISION Model: DS-2CD2042WD-I

When lighting changes dramatically, it triggers a false motion alert. I have tried messing with contrast but no joy. What might I try?
Zone crossing..make time.. see help file.... disable hotspots

joea

n3wb
Reaction score
So, where are zones defined, or displayed? There seem to be predefined zones? I see enable zones and hotspots. Do I enable that and not define hotspots? Still I have no idea how to deal with zones.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So, where are zones defined, or displayed? There seem to be predefined zones? I see enable zones and hotspots. Do I enable that and not define hotspots? Still I have no idea how to deal with zones.
You have not read the help file..of course you can define zones..

joea

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have defined zones A and B, as rectangles that are adjacent to each other, setup a trigger for A>B B>A (also tried A-B). Does not trigger.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I have defined zones A and B, as rectangles that are adjacent to each other, setup a trigger for A>B B>A (also tried A-B). Does not trigger.
post an image of how the zones are setup

joea

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry to seem/be so clueless but I don't know what you mean. I must be missing basic concept. Do you mean a screen shot of what is in "Edit Motion Zones"? I'm finding a lot of references to Zones, but only found that place to define Zones.

joea

n3wb
Reaction score
I just noticed the sense motion trigger words are greyed out, while the help file shows them black. I suppose this means the trigger is not active?

Capture.JPG

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct. From the help file:

When motion is detected in one or more pixels, a green rectangle will appear in the center of the grey rectangle and the word Sense will light up, showing that the motion sensor sees a change in the image. The size of the green rectangle will vary depending on the amount of change in the image. When the amount of change reaches or surpasses the size of the gray rectangle, the green rectangle will become red and the word Motion will be illuminated. The motion sensor must remain in this state for the duration of the Make time (discussed below) in order for the camera to be triggered. When this happens, the word Trigger will be illuminated for the duration of the Break time.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman asked for screenshots of how your zones are set up. To get those you would click Edit next to the "Use zones and hot spot" checkbox, and screenshot the window. Change the zone via the dropdown at the top of the window to highlight a different zone, and screenshot again. Repeat for all zones you have configured.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Your two zones are the same. They should be in different places so that an object can move from one to the other.

joea

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I suppose that explains why no trigger but, I had intended to create two zones. I selected Zone A in the tab and created rectangle "A". I then selected Zone B in the tab and created a Zone to the left of that called "B". When I select Zone A in the tab, the crosshatch swaps. When I select Zone B in the tab, the crosshatch swaps again. I took that to mean, from the help file, it was showing me the defined zone I had selected.

As mentioned earlier, I had also created a similar setup with "space" between the two rectangles. I guess that does not meet the requirement of being in two different places?

If so, I'm afraid I will need much more elementary explanation of "zones" and how to create them. I do see that there appears to be a light crosshatch behind the "un highlighted" rectangle, but have no idea if that has any real meaning or is just an optical delusion.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I would think a small gap would be okay between zones. I don't really use multiple zones on my cameras because I'm lazy and a single zone works "well enough" for me ... but I think you see other zones in red and the currently-editing zone in green.

joea

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought red was "hot spot" or "hot zone" and was an override for triggering?

joea

n3wb
Reaction score
After noticing some oddness with clips, did repair/regenerate and trigger seems to be working now as far as recording goes.

However it no longer triggers an alert. If I "trigger now" it does.