swap system

Amorgus15@

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I would like to know if I pull all of my current cameras and nvr could I just replace them with another brand using the cabling I have installed.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on the brand being removed.

It could be coax cable, it could be proprietary ethernet that some brands run, etc and they wouldn't work with standard POE cameras.

Amorgus15@

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, It's a Zosi system ran on regular rj45 manufacturer supplied cable. would like to switch to Amherst or Annke.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, It's a Zosi system ran on regular rj45 manufacturer supplied cable. would like to switch to Amherst or Annke.
HI @Amorgus15

Zosi .. check the quality of the cables, some cheaper systems did not provide good quality cat5e cables in their kits.

You can try another NVR kit with the cables, and if it works great.

Amorgus15@

n3wb
Reaction score
HI @Amorgus15

Zosi .. check the quality of the cables, some cheaper systems did not provide good quality cat5e cables in their kits.

You can try another NVR kit with the cables, and if it works great.
Thanks, they were working okay until I went into their search tool and screwed something up now I can't find three and the other five are intermittently flashing off with the network disconnected logo. Trying the search tool by Zosi isn't working , it says all devices must be in same network or router and they are.
Thanks