Thief driving around stealing

datdomi

n3wb
Reaction score
Low life took two diaper bags. Anyone know what kind of car it might be?

Attachments

datdomi

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry y'all, first time uploading a video to the site. I had to look up how to export from Blueiris. Someone on ring neighbors commented on the still I uploaded there, apparently the guy hit a few homes. Attached is a still from a different angle.

Attachments

datdomi

n3wb
Reaction score
It does have dodge neon vibes to it. Both cams are 5MP Amcrests. I have them at 15fps, maybe upping would fix the blurriness. If there is a silver lining it's that the misses gave me permission to upgrade!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It does have dodge neon vibes to it. Both cams are 5MP Amcrests. I have them at 15fps, maybe upping would fix the blurriness. If there is a silver lining it's that the misses gave me permission to upgrade!
FPS doesn't fix blurriness, it is shutter speed.

And when you make that shutter speed 1/120 to minimize blur, watch how dark the image gets because that is not an ideal MP/sensor ratio camera.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
More FPS isn't the answer in this case.
But more of quite a few other things would help. light, exposure time, and unfortunately yeah I have some 5Mp Amcrests, but im using them indoors and one on the frt porch, (see photo above. ) But I'm burning 2 lamps either side of the garage giving better light.
The sensor on the Amcrests isn't ideal for that location.
Empiretech Andy is correct.
1/2.7” image sensor is best for a 2MP camera. not 5MP... unless it has lots of light.
I'm hoping to correct a few things around here before the snow flies, with a 4k 180 degree cam on the side of the house, and perhaps resurrecting a 2mp 5214 Z12e,,,,to see the mailbox area better.

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry y'all, first time uploading a video to the site. I had to look up how to export from Blueiris. Someone on ring neighbors commented on the still I uploaded there, apparently the guy hit a few homes. Attached is a still from a different angle.
It is a Dodge Neon, 03 to 05. Rear tail lights and window shading on the rear window along with the black plastic on the rear passengers door say it is.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
It's time for y'all to fight back! Take some skunk perfume.Add to a small
vial with a stopper inside a wallet tied to the inside of a junk handbag.

Take batteries out of some junque stealable item.This time spring launch
the stink vial when they open the battery compartment. Start out-thinking these
stupid people!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

datdomi

n3wb
Reaction score
My post on ring got some responses. A guy reached out with this video. Same night a few blocks away. He has another camera that's blurrier but thinks it's a Dodge neon as well. Cops said they had 7 reports so far. We are waiting on another guy that is on vacation but had a good camera system that was able to read a license plate a while back and solve a crime, he said he would share. I love how more people have cameras now.

Attachments

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Low life took two diaper bags. Anyone know what kind of car it might be?
That is pretty low. Almost as low as the thieves who stole two small planted Sago palms from my yard the night after I planted them. Who steals $15 plants that are already planted in the ground right next to the house?