Time Out

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What is everyone's thoughts when a mobile phone tries to log into an NVR and gets the mssg Time Out. If the NVR does not have power or not connecte to the network, the mssg Failed
to Connect will come up. But once in awhile, Time out comes up and I'm not exactly sure why or how.

bombo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would suspect a network issue of some sort.
Do you see this more when you are connected at a wifi location or using cellular?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had a customer at his house on his own wifi network and was getting time out. I tried on my PC at home on my network and I got the same.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
You can always have the nvr send email alerts about power loss and network conflicts so you can at least rule that stuff out when it happens. It could be anything and I really think that as much as our ISP's would have us think it's something on our end, more often than not it's them. They're always tweaking stuff out here and I only get the service interruption, not the upgrade. My tablet gdmss is slower than my phone, getting feeds live. My phone they come right up. Who are you using for dns service? Maybe it's them at times too. I favor No-ip.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Shock, if the NVR loses network, it won't be able to send me emails period, but not a bad idea to enable the health monitor. The guy called me from his house, and said he was able to go on the internet on his phone, but was getting time out and he was on his own wifi. I have been using nvrdns.com, and if anyone calls me with a connection issue, I just log into my own NVR to test
out nvrdns. Only once or twice, nvrdns was actually down, otherwise, I am very happy with them. I also have been using quickddns.com which is Dahua's new icloud ddns service. You just register a username and enable it in the NVR, create your own name, enter your email, and in the iphone app, you click on quickddns, and it automatically finds your NVR. So, since the NVR has both choices, just to be safe, I enable both ddns services just in case one is down.