Transfer old video files to new hdd

BadBlake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My hdd for video recording crashed last month and I was able to recover a lot of video files which I want to transfer to my new drive. My new drive has a standard BI setup (folder names)
My question is -how do I get Blue Iris to recognize these older video clips? I can't see any of them in the clips window -only those recorded after I installed the new hdd. I've tried the "Database/repair regenerate" command with no success. Anybody knows how to do it?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Assuming the drive letter ands folder structure is exactly the same as your old drive, what I’ve done is simply copy the clips over to the new drive and then run a repair/regen, you might need to do it twice, no idea why but eventually it did pick up all the clips.

Be warned though, running a repair/regen does mean you will lose all your current clip alerts.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Be warned though, running a repair/regen does mean you will lose all your current clip alerts.
It may not be 'all' but maybe just those Alerts that exist only in the database...

Per the Update Notes for version 5.5.4, Alerts JPGs, and orphaned DAT files are reincorporated into the database during a Delete & Regenerate. Additionally, Alert AI memos are reincorporated via the JPG EXIF data, and Alert trigger zone and flags via the JPG filename.

EDIT: As of version 5.6.0, “the metadata that was previously added to the filename is now saved as EXIF data within the JPEG file.”

Last edited:

BadBlake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Worked like a charm, and my clips alerts are still intact. I'm still on BI version 4.8.6.3