Trouble activating Hikvision DS-2cd2032-I

csop96

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. This is my second Hikvision IP cam. I received it from B&H yesterday. Connected it via POE to my network. SADP can see the camera but it does not give me the option to activate or setup a password for the camera. When I open a browser and connect via the IP address, the camera sends back a request for the username/password. I use admin and 12345 and it doesn't work, as it prompts me for the username/password again.

i also connected the camera directly to my laptop to see if that would have different results. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Exact same.

SADP says that the camera is running 5.3.0 if that helps.

Any ideas?

John

P.S. This is my first post, but I've been lurking for several mo this. The forum has been a great resource!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sounds like you've been sent a previously used (box open etc) camera by B&H. You don't need a password to activate with 5.3.0, you give them the password. 2 options:

1) Accept a 2nd hand product from B&H and send them the reset code for them to send to Hikvision support
2) Tell them you want it replaced with a new one like you ordered!

csop96

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed that I had downloaded an old version of SADP. Installed v3.0.0.2 and this is now prompting me to activate the camera. (Good news!) Now, when I give it a password to activate the camera - password meets password requirements - it pauses for a moment and then gives me an activation failed message.

Additional ideas?

csop96

n3wb
Reaction score
Figured out the problem. The camera is hard wired, the laptop was wireless. The camera was on a different subnet.

if anyone else has this problem, make sure you download the latest version of SADP and be on the subnet.

I noticed that I had downloaded an old version of SADP. Installed v3.0.0.2 and this is now prompting me to activate the camera. (Good news!) Now, when I give it a password to activate the camera - password meets password requirements - it pauses for a moment and then gives me an activation failed message.

Additional ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Figured red out the problem. The camera is hard wired, the laptop was wireless. The camera was on a different subnet.

if anyone else has this problem, make sure you download the latest version of SADP and be on the subnet.
How odd that it let you log in? Glad it's fixed though. You shouldn't need SADP to activate if you can access via IE.