Trouble with a trigger mask, and AI.

awitty987

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I'm having trouble setting up a tigger mask and then getting AI to examine the entire image. You can see in the screen shot below that the image is masked, hence the AI thinks it's a motocyle.

I've tried setting;

Zone A as the mask
Zone B as the entire image.

Trigger on A, and AI on B.

This solves the AI issue, but breaks the mask as the tigger event happens as soon as there is motion in either A or B.

What i have i done wrong?

Attachments

justinhow

n3wb
Reaction score
OK I am new to this, but from what I see the "motion" detector operates on ALL zones. You can't select a specific zone. It in effect combines all the zones and detects upon anything in any zone.
You can tell this is the case because there is no way to "select" a zone in the motion detection window. The option to click on a zone letter is just so you can edit it.
However the AI UI window does indeed allow you to select the zone(s) you want.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK I am new to this, but from what I see the "motion" detector operates on ALL zones. You can't select a specific zone. It in effect combines all the zones and detects upon anything in any zone.
You can tell this is the case because there is no way to "select" a zone in the motion detection window. The option to click on a zone letter is just so you can edit it.
However the AI UI window does indeed allow you to select the zone(s) you want.
That is incorrect. You can set which zones the motion detector operates by specifying the zone(s) in object detection. If blank then it triggers looking at whole image.

1681988090611.png

To the OP, can you make the mask/detection zone larger?

Try unchecking begin analysis with leading edge.

Last edited: