unable to add a remote NVR to ivms 4200 desktop client

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using HIK-online ddns, I can access it on the phone as well as access it via the browser.

However, when I try to add it to the desktop client, it's showing offline. both HTTP port and Server port are forwarded am I missing something?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you access it remotely? From phone and web browser it works ok from remote?

Is that computer where iVMS-4200 is installed remote or local? If local, add the device by the LAN IP. If remote, if it works from iVMS-4500 it will also work from iVMS-4200 if added correctly (as HiDDNS device).

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using HIK-online ddns, I can access it on the phone as well as access it via the browser.

However, when I try to add it to the desktop client, it's showing offline. both HTTP port and Server port are forwarded am I missing something?
Yes and yes that's why I'm so puzzled

And no not local.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First time I'm setting up IVMS on this machine so there isn't anything else. . I just forwared the RTSP port as well but no go either. I used port checker and confirm my HTTP port 8020, Server port 8000, and RTSP port 554 are all accessible.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
installed ivms on a Win 7 machine and works fine. The ivms in question is on a Win 10 machine..

thought it was my AV so i disabled the AV and firewall but still no love. Could be a Win 10 issue but I don't have another Win 10 machine to try. Anyone else having issues with Win 10?