Unable to save/export Annke video

Bigg1es

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am trying to help a vulnerable relative who has been the repeated victim of criminal behaviour by a neighbour. At my suggestion he installed an 8 camera system. Unfortunately he went to a popular online vendor and bought the cheapest system and while it seemed to work, it has proved near impossible to save the video. Following the instructions and online help, most of the time it simply goes through the motions of saving but no file is present on the stick. Saving individual clips one at a time and deleting anything frozen in the que, it is possible to get it to save, however 19 for 20 saved fiels are corrupted and unreadable in any known software including VLC media player. The Police are coming tomorrow to save some evidence, has anyone any tips on how this might be achieved. I guess removing the hard drive and saving from that is the best option, or is there any other way of accessing the original video, for example via usb or hdmi ?

The system overwrites old recordings after a few days, so many criminal offences have been lost, however I have some of the corrupted files. Is there anyway of opening them and saving something from them, even if its just an individual file? Ive tried opening in Adobe Premier Elements 11 but the files will not open.

The NVR is an Annke Vision DW81KD.

Also any tips on a good basic system, available in the UK, that can be operated by a non technical old person. For myself I use blue iris on a PC and am thinking that it might be best to set up the same , then I can fix problems remotely.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If they are not readable by VLC, I am not aware of anything, short of a miracle worker on a TV show, to repair the file.

If you are willing to put in the work to review video, I would say BI is the way to go. Just keep them away from messing with it. Others may have a recommendation on an NVR which may work.