Video Review, Tips, Comparison, Tutorials Etc. That People May Want To See in 2023

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
As I’ve completed a ton of review, tutorial and configuration types of posts and videos this past year, I thought I would create a post (cross posted to Dahua sub-forum too due to working with a number of those cams this past year), looking for feedback on what you want to see in video's I create in 2023. As you'll notice from the YT videos, these are not monetized and hopefully you'll see I do put a lot of time into these in efforts to:

a) find and report any bugs, enhancements etc up front to manufacturers regarding HW and FW leading to resolution, fixes and adjustments either at or shortly after launch​
b) to hopefully give everyone here a better idea on what to expect from a cam (or other HW) along with tips for configuration, to enable a better purchase​

Maybe you want more reviews or comparisons, tutorials etc. Feel free to send me feedback and as usual I’ll certainly consider all and try to add further value to these where I can.

For those that haven’t seen some of these videos, feel free to check out my YT channel HERE and leave comments directly. I try to respond to as many comments on that channel and DM’s from users looking for assistance on this forum as I can

Hopefully you find these useful.

Thanks all and belated Happy New Year to those I haven't spoken to !

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
BTW, I'm working on a couple of new reviews for the next few weeks to month. I'll keep the surprises for now and just state 1 is an updated traffic cam and another is a special project cam. Stay tuned :)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do realize you put a tremendous amount of work into these videos, and we all appreciate it.
Maybe even more work than is really needed. Short, sweet, and to the point works too. ;)

But one thing I find that is not that helpful is having the camera settings used and tips imbedded into the videos only.
If someone wants to go back to just see the settings/tips used, they have to scan through the videos again. Be nice to have the best settings/tips broke out into the post as well.
Titles with a lot of text on the screen, does not stay on the screen long enough usually, lots of times I have to either go back in the video or pause it to read it all. (nitpicking here)
I blame my Rosetta Stone speed reading course failure for that. ;)
That's my 1.5 cents worth.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I do realize you put a tremendous amount of work into these videos, and we all appreciate it.
Maybe even more work than is really needed. Short, sweet, and to the point works too. ;)

But one thing I find that is not that helpful is having the camera settings used and tips imbedded into the videos only.
If someone wants to go back to just see the settings/tips used, they have to scan through the videos again. Be nice to have the best settings/tips broke out into the post as well.
Titles with a lot of text on the screen, does not stay on the screen long enough usually, lots of times I have to either go back in the video or pause it to read it all. (nitpicking here)
I blame my Rosetta Stone speed reading course failure for that. ;)
That's my 1.5 cents worth.
Great feedback and much appreciated @looney2ns will certainly consider making these changes. Thanks !

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually continuing on here from @looney2ns comments. What are peoples thoughts on length ? I personally don't like longer than 10 minutes where I can help it. The comparisons, especially with 2-3 cams in depth unfortunately do lead to a little longer video (and I will get better at adding in chapters more often) but interested to hear if the 10 minute mark works for things like quick reviews, tutorials (maybe I'll do a Wildcat 10 minute tutorial range as well) and then say 15 minutes absolute maximum for those that need more in depth comparisons etc. Let me know. Appreciate it

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Another thought/observation, if you’re demonstrating night vision capability try doing 2 nights with new moon, 1 overcast and 1 clear skies as well as 1 of each on full moon?

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
First off, thanks for everything you do, @Wildcat_1 Your reviews, videos and help on the forum is an amazing resource.

Enough asskissing. Lol

For me, 10 minutes is a good length for the videos.

As @looney2ns pointed out, having the camera settings more visible would be helpful.

And like @samplenhold suggested, a real face would be helpful. May I suggest a Ronald Reagan mask? Lol

Also, maybe a tutorial video on dialing in a camera for night video. Like from Auto settings and brightness, contrast, etc @ 50 to manual settings with the brightness, etc all set.

As a rookie, this was the most difficult. This forum helps a lot but seeing it done in a video would be more helpful. The video may have to be longer than 10 minutes but I could live with that.

Thanks again for all your help and information!