VTH1550CH connects VTO but not cameras (SIP firmware)

bashis

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have added a "setIPC" command to DahuaConsole, and it effectively adds the camera to the config:
Cool stuff, one of the reasons why I publish that code - just to let anyone have control and modify as you want in your own devices.

I know current code are not so easy to navigate and modify/add stuff, but it will be much readable and easier for that in next commit, still working on that (and some new stuff).

alexc

n3wb
Reaction score
I have sent a request to Dahua support, I will see where it goes. I will probably also try the latest firmware you found. Thanks for that.

bashis, the DahuaConsole code is very helpful thanks for publishing it. Adding changes is not that bad, the code is pretty clean so that's fairly simple to copy/paste/change an existing function to create a new one.

alexc

n3wb
Reaction score
I found a solution: I need to add the camera on the VTO and then it appears on the VTH !
I connect DahuaConsole to the VTO, run my setIPC command (which adds the camera to VTHRemoteIPCInfo), and the camera appears in the VTH config and is accessible from the VTH screen.
And it's funny because I have found this solution by accident: I run the setIPC command while thinking I was connected to the VTH but I was connected to the VTO.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, as mentioned: "hacking" VTO's config might be a workarround for this bug.

CAMGUYx86

n3wb
Reaction score
I found a solution: I need to add the camera on the VTO and then it appears on the VTH !
I connect DahuaConsole to the VTO, run my setIPC command (which adds the camera to VTHRemoteIPCInfo), and the camera appears in the VTH config and is accessible from the VTH screen.
And it's funny because I have found this solution by accident: I run the setIPC command while thinking I was connected to the VTH but I was connected to the VTO.
Quite old but can you help with detailed steps?