VTO2111D-P-S2 removing audio visual encryption permanently…

chillyENEZ

n3wb
Reaction score
The problem I have is 'custom audio/video encryption'. I made the silly mistake and turned it on ages ago.

Now when I turn it off the VTO still asks for login authentication to view it but actually doesn’t work when you use the last password you had, even though the feature is turned off.
It’s like the 'custom audio/video encryption' is stuck on.

So I have to turn 'custom audio/video encryption' back on to get functionality working and can view the VTO stream but with login authentication only.

Then when someone pushes the Doorbell (VTO) if I wish to see the live video I have to use login authentication (password) to see it, which then takes so much longer then it should and half the time it just crashes the DMSS app.

With this problem I have tried everything from factory reset everything (multiple times), delete DMSS account (multiple times), create another DMSS account and still cant get the 'custom audio/video encryption' feature to disappear completely like it was when I first installed everything.

If anyone has any info on this, please let me know.

Reaction score
Then when someone pushes the Doorbell (VTO) if I wish to see the live video I have to use login authentication (password) to see it, which then takes so much longer then it should and half the time it just crashes the DMSS app.
Yikes! That would suck

With this problem I have tried everything from factory reset everything (multiple times)...
Have you taken the drastic step of reflashing/updating the firmware?

Lastly, this might be a crappy solution, but those VTO's are reasonably inexpensive on Ebay (180 AUD) - meaning you could replace it
and retain your VTH and installation investment.

chillyENEZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Yikes! That would suck

Have you taken the drastic step of reflashing/updating the firmware?

Lastly, this might be a crappy solution, but those VTO's are reasonably inexpensive on Ebay (180 AUD) - meaning you could replace it
and retain your VTH and installation investment.
Hey mate, thanks for reply.
Yep sadly I have done both.

Had first unit replaced under warranty by reseller, I was certain this was going to rectify the problem but when I set it up it did the exact same thing. Which then made me think it was a DMSS issue and not a unit issue which lead me to deleting account, new account, different account, etc but no good.

I have also flashed firmware more times then I can remember. The only option I have for firmware is the latest one. I use the Dahua config tool when flashing. Yesterday I was trying to flash with other VTO firmwares in the hope it would change something but it wouldn’t accept them and update failed.

I’m starting to think that there is no good POE doorbells available on the market?

All I want is something compatible with the Dahua NVR system I have now so I can back up to that as a channel with motion detection and most importantly when someone pushes the doorbell for it to actually record the doorbell (call) activity to something so if I miss the call I can go back and view it instead of trying to pinpoint that moment on the NVR using remote channel playback.

Reaction score
It seems crazy how that "encryption" setting is persisting somewhere. I don't use a Dahua NVR, and it sounds
as though you have tried everything, but is the NVR the spanner in the works?

This is not helpful to your situation, but I actually really like my two doorbells (VTO's) and VTH's (poe monitors), but I also use Blue Iris, and my
use case is pretty simple.

chillyENEZ

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems crazy how that "encryption" setting is persisting somewhere. I don't use a Dahua NVR, and it sounds
as though you have tried everything, but is the NVR the spanner in the works?

This is not helpful to your situation, but I actually really like my two doorbells (VTO's) and VTH's (poe monitors), but I also use Blue Iris, and my
use case is pretty simple.
Yeah its doing my head in.

I have also tried a fresh install independently to NVR (not plugged in) but sadly didn’t help.

Also tried a fresh install (hard reset) independent from the VTH but same thing.

is blue iris only available on pc or do they do an iPhone app?

I like the setup I have with VTH as well but just trying to get it working properly is mind boggling.

Thanks for you help…

Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY might have some insight into the VTO "encryption" issue. (Andy is arguably the forum's primary camera purchasing source,
is very knowledgeable about Dahua products and might know where to get an answer at this gritty technical level. He is also a friendly guy
and very responsive.)

Blue Iris is Windows only, but remote access is a lively topic on this forum, with lots of solutions. Blue Iris does have iOS and Android apps
which can access the cameras and settings, but Blue Iris also has a builtin web server and browser app called UI3, which is what most
people (judging from the forum activity) use to access Blue Iris remotely.

Blue Iris is absolutely brilliant software, but having to switch to Blue Iris to workaround this absurd "encryption" issue seems kooky.

chillyENEZ

n3wb
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY might have some insight into the VTO "encryption" issue. (Andy is arguably the forum's primary camera purchasing source,
is very knowledgeable about Dahua products and might know where to get an answer at this gritty technical level. He is also a friendly guy
and very responsive.)

Blue Iris is Windows only, but remote access is a lively topic on this forum, with lots of solutions. Blue Iris does have iOS and Android apps
which can access the cameras and settings, but Blue Iris also has a builtin web server and browser app called UI3, which is what most
people (judging from the forum activity) use to access Blue Iris remotely.

Blue Iris is absolutely brilliant software, but having to switch to Blue Iris to workaround this absurd "encryption" issue seems kooky.
Thanks bro, I’ll wait for Andy and hopefully he has a resolve to this issue. Cheers