120,600mAh battery!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I built my own Solar Generator, with alot more capacity and alot cheaper.. I run a Refrigerator, Heater, Lighting, power tools and just about everything off of it.. its got a 160W Solar panel to go with it.. it runs pretty much indefinitely even with poor lighting because I oversized it so much.. I think I am over 100AH with this setup, cant remember exactly.. when I put it in my westfallia bus I have another built in battery of same capacity so it's double the size.

was a fun project, inspired by the Anker.. but I knew for that kind of money I could do alot better.

Ive since added a few USB Charging ports to the rig, should take some fresh pix this season all setup with the panel out in the boondocks..

Components:
  • Diehard Platinum AGM Deep Cycle Battery
  • GenASun GV10 10A MPPT Solar Controller
  • 4x Anderson Power pole Connectors
  • 2x 2A USB Connectors
  • 2x (1 Input 1 output) Watts-Up Power Meters
  • 160W Poly Solar Panel
  • Genius GENMini1 Smart Charger (4A)
  • 100ft of 12AWG Cable pre-terminated with power poles in various lengths (10',20',30' lengths)

I am planing a 3 month road trip in my bus to Alaska and back, gotta finish up swapping a modern turbo diesel motor in it first.. but this solar generator is a key component for that adventure.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: