2 cams with night vision

Reaction score
I'm looking to start buying some cams. I would like to get 1 or 2 for now to mount above my garage door look at my driveway and front yard. I would like them to have decent night vision and be $200 or cheaper if possible and work with power over ethernet. Just to verify if they support POE I only need to run the ethernet cable correct?

What would you suggest?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Won't work, I only have Apple Macs. Any others someone could recommend? Ideally it should work with Zoneminder

tomw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Won't work, I only have Apple Macs. Any others someone could recommend? Ideally it should work with Zoneminder
Doesn't Zoneminder support ONVIVF?

You only need IE for the initial setup - they you'd never touch it. Could just run a VM/parallels to do the initial setup?

Reaction score
So are those Longse S500 really that good? I saw the other thread and the video quality looks amazing? Will they last? I think I can get a PC to set them up. Why are they so much cheaper then HK?

jaclarkaus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm also looking for a couple of all weather bullets to hide in the garden near the front gate, would prefer Hikvision, as I have a Hikvision NVR, but as I also use Blur Iris, somewhat flexible.

Problem from what I see with Hikvision, is they are all narrow in the bullet format (4mm+ 70 degrees) where my Foscam i9900 has a 2.8mm lens and covers 'almost enough...'

Any ideas? 5mp probably overkill as the 2mp Foscam is really good, so 3-4 would be fine if cheaper.

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just ordered some variable lens cams so I can "dial in" the FOV better. They are domes and not bullets. I should know how well they work in a few weeks when they come in... ah patience...bah