2135/2145 and NTSC

root

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been trying to expand my old 2032 camera system with a couple domes. I've bought half a dozen 2135 and 2145 with firmwares 5.3.0 - 5.3.6 and none of them had the option for NTSC. I thought it was under Configuration -> Image -> Video Adjustment -> Video Standard. However, none have the Video Standard select box so I could choose 60hz. This is a problem because all of my lights are CFL and LEDs, also because I can never select anything over 25fps no matter what resolution I'm in.

My question is: Does anyone with the 2135/2145 have the option to switch to NTSC/60hz/30fps? All of these listings (bought on Amazon) said they had these options in the description. Either I'm missing how to set this, or no one seems to notice this limitation with these camera. I know it's a crapshoot sometimes with the Chinese market HVs, and I'm okay with that (why I've stuck to Amazon and free returns), I'm just curious are all of them incorrect or is there actually some firmware for these 5's that allow this?

My requirements were really just a dome with preferably 2.8mm@4MP and I liked the idea of H.265 (doesn't seem any of the US xxx2 models have H.265 in the firmware yet). Any other suggestions I'd be open to.

Thanks

root

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you know this for a fact or just repeating? Is it a hardware limitation or firmware? I know these Chinese sellers flash modified/us/multi-language firmware on it to whatever they like, so if it was just a firmware limitation maybe there is someone out there that has it working. I could probably link well over 100 listings on ebay, amazon, and ali listings that say they support this mode.

So I figure either:
A) None of them have ever figured out it doesn't actually support it.
B) They're lying (but that doesn't seem wise when they loose money on returns).
C) There's only certain firmware loads that allow this.
D) There's a different way to enable this I'm not seeing.

IDK maybe wishful thinking. Maybe I'll go to the xx2 and just suffer the larger filesizes of the ancient 264 codec. Anyone else with a 35/45 that's been there?

CodeGreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you know this for a fact or just repeating? Is it a hardware limitation or firmware? I know these Chinese sellers flash modified/us/multi-language firmware on it to whatever they like, so if it was just a firmware limitation maybe there is someone out there that has it working. I could probably link well over 100 listings on ebay, amazon, and ali listings that say they support this mode.

So I figure either:
B) They're lying (but that doesn't seem wise when they loose money on returns).
C) There's only certain firmware loads that allow this.
D) There's a different way to enable this I'm not seeing.

IDK maybe wishful thinking. Maybe I'll go to the xx2 and just suffer the larger filesizes of the ancient 264 codec. Anyone else with a 35/45 that's been there?
There arent firmwares available for the 2cdxxx5, thus you will never get an update. If they do "fix" it, you will not be able to get the firmware.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a 2135f-is and it's under config, display settings,video standards 60HZ my version is 5.2.5. When I get a chance I will check the other one which is version 5.3.6 its the one that did not have the mic in option as well not like the v5.2.5 one I have with a mic I installed.

I have several Hiks without the otpion and I dont see a real issue for me anyway although some have said with led lights etc they are an issue. I have all Led lights in my living room where my other 2135 is an no issues there.

root

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a 2135f-is and it's under config, display settings,video standards 60HZ my version is 5.2.5. When I get a chance I will check the other one which is version 5.3.6 its the one that did not have the mic in option as well not like the v5.2.5 one I have with a mic I installed.

I have several Hiks without the option and I don't see a real issue for me anyway although some have said with led lights etc they are an issue. I have all Led lights in my living room where my other 2135 is an no issues there.
Thanks for the reply! So some do have it that's interesting. Maybe I'll try to find one with 5.2.5 then and see. Yeah I read it's really bulb dependant, I've only tested with a few different LEDs and haven't had issues - was just trying to avoid future/install problems. Do you have any that are 50hz (25fps) facing a street? I was thinking the lower the FPS the less likely I might be of getting a clear LP if it ever came up.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The cameras I run mostly at 8 to 10 fps and i am halpy wirh performance. I find its not always cranking the frames so much as it is adjusting all settings and baud rate etc. It's not always about fps for a good capture. The license plate capture is a whole other animal. You will need to read more in these forums and perhaps you want say a huisun 10x mini ptz so you can adjust the lens easier and get the range you desire. Also they are pretty affordable or another same version is the imporx. I just ordered one myself both of these as I recall are 60hz but now I need to go confirm.