2532 access from Android tv box

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello
I am trying to access my standalone hik 2532 from a TV box that is running Android. Camera is cable wired to the same router that tv box wirelessly connects to.
I installed tinycam and it found the camera. I put my username and password, changed protocol to RTSP over TCP. But it fails to connect. Keeps asking for username and password. Even created a new user account - same thing.
I tried from my phone running pro version - works fine. What can it be?
If I select just a generic model, what RTSP url is for the camera to connect to?

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you try the iVMS-4500 HD app from the Play Store or the Aptoid Store??? I use that app on ALL my Android boxes.

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I downloaded it, but it was not remote friendly - could not get it to do anything.
I use Tinycam pro on at my other place on Android box to connect to my Dahua NVR Just not sure about this user/password prompt. Is it possible to view the stream without authentication?

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I downloaded it, but it was not remote friendly - could not get it to do anything.
I use Tinycam pro on at my other place on Android box to connect to my Dahua NVR Just not sure about this user/password prompt. Is it possible to view the stream without authentication?
Yes, it is NOT remote friendly, you have to use a mouse/air mouse. You need to use your password also. But it works fine for me.

Here is my video showing it running on one of my $40 Android boxes. This app preview starts at 9:35, so you can skip right to it and see how it looks. I only have 4 cams.

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I'll give it another go on Wednesday. Will have to bring my other keyboard or I'll just use a usb mouse