3 wildlife clips from today

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The first is from my hummingbird feeder cam this morning. I've never seen any other type of bird at the feeder. Apparently hummingbirds are not into sharing.
uninvited guest

The next clip is from my driveway camera. Until I installed the IR sources a couple of days ago I had recording scheduled off at night. There were a ton of false triggers caused by the buggies flying in front of the internal IR source in the camera. The two AI4's do a nice job covering the area - it's about 50' to the woods line.
Breakfast

The best for last :) 6 weeks ago I thought I had a crappy image of this guy. No doubt now. Those ears are a dead giveaway. After seeing his size I'm sure I don't want our two labs to meet him - they are 70 and 75 lbs. Unfortunately I only snagged him on one camera. The direction he leaves in puts him right under another. The woods cameras are scheduled to not record because of all the false triggers from the shadows during the day. This cam must be set to stop at 8:30.
bobcat

Reaction score
Ha that cardinal could not even get his beak in that feeder. Do you know what he had for breakfast i couldn't tell? That bobcat looked healthy too.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ha that cardinal could not even get his beak in that feeder. Do you know what he had for breakfast i couldn't tell? That bobcat looked healthy too.
Thanks to all for the comments - I am really finding it engaging during my stay at home time to see what critters are around here. That's a rabbit djernie - pretty good sized one compared to the fox.

The mailman has been telling me for months that he 'often' (whatever that means) sees a bobcat that weighs about 90lbs :( maybe this is the guy he sees. I'd guess <40 max but the bugger is almost as large as my yellow lab that weighs 75lbs. If there really is a 90lb bobcat it would be at the top of the food chain around here.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@ctgoldwing What model/manufacturer is "hummingbird feeder cam"?
It's a Dahua IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS-S2 - 4k varifocal with Starlight (tho I schedule it not to record at night). I currently have 4 of them with another on the way. The new one is going 'deep' into the woods. It's going to be about a 500' run between the trees, down a pretty steep hill into a flat clearing.

Here is a pic of the hummingbird install. The 'arms' of my feeder hanger are about 30" long. I added the hook that the feeder is hanging from to get it a little higher.

1595951076924.png

Reaction score
It's a Dahua IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS-S2 - 4k varifocal with Starlight (tho I schedule it not to record at night). I currently have 4 of them with another on the way. The new one is going 'deep' into the woods. It's going to be about a 500' run between the trees, down a pretty steep hill into a flat clearing.

Here is a pic of the hummingbird install. The 'arms' of my feeder hanger are about 30" long. I added the hook that the feeder is hanging from to get it a little higher.

View attachment 67390
I see the microphone there also. Why not record at night, you are missing all the night time wild life?

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
lol, good point djernie. . . the camera is on our deck in the back of the house - 10' off the ground (our basement is 'walkout'). 2 acres of the woods are fenced for the dogs. Only an occasional raccoon is spotted in there and never where that camera is pointed.
Currently I have 5 cameras in the woods and about to add 2 more. The last one will be about 500' from the house. It looks like a great place to snap wildlife clips. Its down the hill where it levels out nicely into a fairly large open area - pretty secluded from any houses. Now if the temps and humidity drop I can load up on bug spray and, as they say, lay some pipe.