30 days recordings

miniteeg

n3wb
Reaction score
How do I set BI to continuously keep 30 days of recordings only? The below is set to 14 days but on BI main page I can go on Play mode and rewind back to Aug 1st which is the day I started recording.

2017-09-14 11.18.18 pm.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Set the 'Limit Size' to leave empty space on the drive, AND, increase the 'Limit clip age' to the number of days you want to keep.
BI will limit according to whichever comes first.

Also, you really don't have to move to Stored. Just delete them (NOT Recycle). Less overhead.

Caution: According to the BI Help, you should not fill the hard drive...
The size specified with "limit folder size" should fit comfortably on your hard drive. If you are short on space for it, you will see red warning text at the bottom of the window as well as status/messages log entries with double exclamation points !!. You should not allow your drive to fill up as this may cause video and/or database corruption.

miniteeg

n3wb
Reaction score
Set the 'Limit Size' to leave empty space on the drive, AND, increase the 'Limit clip age' to the number of days you want to keep.
BI will limit according to whichever comes first.

Also, you really don't have to move to Stored. Just delete them (NOT Recycle). Less overhead.

Caution: According to the BI Help, you should not fill the hard drive...
The size specified with "limit folder size" should fit comfortably on your hard drive. If you are short on space for it, you will see red warning text at the bottom of the window as well as status/messages log entries with double exclamation points !!. You should not allow your drive to fill up as this may cause video and/or database corruption.
Thx. I am actually not using New, only Stored. With current settings, recordings go to my NAS disk (Stored) then after 30 days they get permanently deleted.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After 14 days you are telling it to move the files to the stored folder. They will never be deleted with that setting and be available for viewing.

miniteeg

n3wb
Reaction score
After 14 days you are telling it to move the files to the stored folder. They will never be deleted with that setting and be available for viewing.
That's the default settings. I have changed it as stated above. Not using 'New' at all.