30X 4mp Big Black Face Dahua- SD59430U-HN

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As many know, I have the 30X Big Black Face Dahua. I operate it remotely via a VPN, 4k Dahua NVR, and Smart PSS2 or Smart PSS.

I have all the presets stored for various angles/zoom. With that said, how can I get the camera to run a tour and check out certain presets for certain periods of time without leaving the SmartPSS running?

As soon as I close the OSX SmartPSS app or IOS app, the tour stops. I can't leave my laptop running at all times to run this tour and I can't eat up all my bandwidth running the tour/feed remotely. Is it a must to have a computer (or blue iris) onsite to tell the camera what to do, or can that info be stored on the camera and let it run its self? I tried the webgui and the same results.

I know this tour will add wear and tear on the camera, but willing to take it for the summer.

The PTZ functions are under utilized at times. The other option would be to add a few sensors (or link other camera IVS triggers) so that when there is movement, the PTZ goes to a preset, but I haven't read anywhere that shows how that can be accomplished without special scripts like @nayr does.

Thank you!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you need to set the Tour up on the WebUI and you can setup schedules so it'd only tour in the daytime.. SmartPSS's tour is just calling presets and it does it on client side.

Attachments

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ahhh...I don't think I have access to any of those features from the NVR's web GUI. And I don't have direct access to the Camera's WEB GUI, So this must not be an option for me. NVR limits what features you can adjust. No tour info under the camera tab.

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Those tour options are for the OSD; not for PTZ's.. yeah you'll have to go out on-site and gain access to the cameras UI to set it up.. if you want access to the cameras's settings remotely you should consider getting an external PoE switch and abandoning the onboard PoE

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ya, I think it is time to add an external POE switch. Any recommendations for a simple one that that will work with the Dahua cams and the POE+ injector?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I dont have much personal experience w/simple ones but if you search about there are plent of other members whom have made recommendations..